Thread: 'Ello

1. #1 'Ello 
    Junior Member PSP User Time-Bandit's Avatar
    Hello all. Names Time Bandit but you can call me TB. I've semi- [note semi] recently obtained a PSP 2000 model. [yay I got one before the newer and near-impossible-to-crack 3000 model (Which i hear isn't what it's all cracked up to)] Now It originally came with 3.95 firmware but has been upgraded to 4.05 firmware.

Now please bear with me as I am a [and will rarely admit it] a total noob to hacking. I all i know is bricking is when the PSP is stuck in a permanent boot. Pandora Battery is what allows to install custom firmware and the Magic Memory Stick also allows it to install custom firmware.

The whole "jigkick, M33, OE, M33-2 etc." draws a blank to my brain.
    I've found one guide that was down to earth on what to do but I still need more info about the whole hacking scene. Now, I want to soft mod my PSP battery b/c:
    A: I cannot solder to save my life.
    B: Every single "official" guide says to cut this and that and scratch this and stuff. Which is confusing since they're not solid answer to me.
    C: I only have ONE psp battery and ONE 4gig Memory Stick Pro Duo and I can't afford for either one to start pushing daises on me.
    D: Battery life isn't shortened as severely.

So long story short, I got a un-hacked 4.05 PSP slim that i wanna hack but have little to no knowledge how.

Junior Member PSP User KronicKing's Avatar
    Welcome.

PSP 3000 isnt bad at all, I like a lot of the new features, and there arent as many problems as everyone says there is.

A. As far as i know soldering isnt involved..at least in creating a pandora battery.
    B. Modding a psp is fairly simple, watch youtube videos, it really isnt that bad.
    C. You wont mess up if you know what your doing...
    D. ??

Read the forum instructions here, and watch some videos. Any questions ask in another thread. Thanks and welcome!
    A little collie weed...

The King Of Chinatown PSP Elite Hacker Geek's Avatar
    do you know any with cfw if you do softmod the battery

I'm not a pirate. I am a 21st century Che liberating files from the capitalist overlords.
    How to check if you can mod your PSP

Thanks MZ for a sleek sig!

@KronicKing I've read that hard mods tned to heat the battery up more and shorten it's life span. No rhyme or reason. It just does.

@geek9: Yeah but he's got a 1000 model which is a big no. He's tried to with one that was similar to my case and lets just stay it's a really expensive paper weight.

@KronicKing: I read somewhere that the battery heats up and shortens it's life span. dun know why though.

@geek9: Yes and no. Yes he already has a hacked PSP, no i cant use it since it's a 1000 model and last time he tried this with slims. Permanent brick.

He has a fat version so not really.

And I read somewhere that hard modding shortens the batterylife. so nyah.