Thread: Hey Guys! What's going on in this thread?

1. #1 Hey Guys! What's going on in this thread? 
    Hi everyone. I'm a 31yo gamer, most ppl think who play (or don't play) video games over xbox live seem to think I'm old. I've been gaming for at least 20 or more of those years (hence the name). I just wanna mention what a cool forum this is. I bought a PSP Slim Daxter/Family guy bundle not too long ago. Though, I have to admit, I haven't been getting my monies worth from it. So i started thinking about selling it or trading for a Nintendo DS. Then I started reading about what this PSP is potentially capable of, which brought me here. So I found out about a little thing called Pandora Battery and the Magic memory stick. (sounds like a geeks fairy tale novel) I heard this is the place to get it done so, I'm looking to get someone to help me do this. I just registered so I have fewer than 5 posts so I cannot PM anyone just yet. Are there any trusted gamers out there that you guys can recommend to me to get this Pandora battery/magic memory done???

The King Of Chinatown PSP Elite Hacker Geek's Avatar
    alright first things first, do you want to mod yourself or get it done by someone, if you go to craigslist you can find someone in your local area to do it for about 20 bucks, but if you wish to do it yourself I recommend buying a pandora battery online and making a magic memory stick. The battery can be bought at a number of places but research and be prepared to wait. Finally since you have a slim you cannot downgrade to 1.5 or use the 1.5 add on, the pandora and mms will install the custom firmware directly, also if you do go to craigslist anyone charging more than 20 bucks is ripping you off and to make sure they modded it go to system settings and check your firmware it should say ----m33 or Gen A at the end if they truly modded it

I'm not a pirate. I am a 21st century Che liberating files from the capitalist overlords.
    How to check if you can mod your PSP

Thanks MZ for a sleek sig!

Quote Originally Posted by Geek9 View Post
    alright first things first, do you want to mod yourself or get it done by someone, if you go to craigslist you can find someone in your local area to do it for about 20 bucks, but if you wish to do it yourself I recommend buying a pandora battery online and making a magic memory stick. The battery can be bought at a number of places but research and be prepared to wait. Finally since you have a slim you cannot downgrade to 1.5 or use the 1.5 add on, the pandora and mms will install the custom firmware directly, also if you do go to craigslist anyone charging more than 20 bucks is ripping you off and to make sure they modded it go to system settings and check your firmware it should say ----m33 or Gen A at the end if they truly modded it
    You sound to me like your a pretty honest person to me. Can I send you my battery and card along with $20+Shipping with a return label? The only thing is, I have a 1GB card. Would you recommend I get more? If so, then I think I might just buy from

pandorasales.com/slim-psp-pandora-battery-8gb-magic-memory-stic8.html

It looks well established and the prices aren't too bad (especially compared with gamestop mms prices) or try Craigslist. Sounds to me like you have experience on the subject, which is what i like.

The King Of Chinatown PSP Elite Hacker Geek's Avatar
    dude Idk do you live near stl if not just make it yourself I'll guide you through it

I'm not a pirate. I am a 21st century Che liberating files from the capitalist overlords.
    How to check if you can mod your PSP

Thanks MZ for a sleek sig!

Senior Member I Modded My PSP superdupamodman's Avatar
    u can by a pandora battery and a mms at dealextreme or walmart...really cheap, cuz if ure a noob u can crash ure psp by disconnecting the wrong pin of the battery,so if ure new with these kind of stuf just buy them

hey man, I'm not afraid to do it. I can't find proper directions. So many ppl write different stuff, I don't know which one to follow.

I actually do live near St. louis well somewhat near. Like about 5 hours away

yea... I am a virgin to the PSP, not a whore to it. I'm lookin to make it my bitch soon enough. I'll check the guides... btw THANKS supadupa for the tip on dealextreme. I don't think u can find that at Walmart!

hey, um after I make a Magic stick, can i still play Emus and downloaded stuff off the internet without the pandora battery inside the console. Like with the original battery that came with my PSP, so that i can put the cover back on? I found one cheap but everyone says it don't fit.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP jaextc's Avatar
    The pandora battery is more of a tool. you use it when you need it. I bought kind of an expensive one. With a switch so i could go into pandora mode or just regular battery mode. I dont think it was all that expensive now that i think of it. it was cheaper than a sony psp battery. like 12-15 bucks! It took a week to ship though. Once you have successfully changed your firmware you dont need to keep the pandora in any more. Then yes you can run emu's and psx games and use psptube and etc. And then you can get another memory stick because you can fill them up fast. I kept my mms as is so i don't have to make another one. I just keep that one around. There are plenty of guides in this forum that will teach you step by step.