Thread: Hola... noob who has done his research seeks affirmations

1. #1 Hola... noob who has done his research seeks affirmations 
    lol.

Hey everyone... so unlike most people on the inter-web, I literally spent around 5 - 6 hours last night going through ever tut I could comprehend (this site and others) and think I have a pretty good understanding....

So in addition to just saying hello, I just wanted to sort of bullet point all I've learned and hopefully one of you kind peeps will tell me if I'm on the right track:

1. I need to downgrade my PSP-1000. Currently at OE firmware 4.00
    2. I can only do this w/ Pandora + MMS, since I have OE 4.00
    3. I have an unhackable battery, so I've ordered the Datel Pandora
    4. Once I've downgraded, I can install CFW
    5. Once I have CFW, I am able to run homebrew and emulators

6. Now here's the one small part I'm a bit confused on, and I'm trying hard to not break forum rules so please PM me if you can't answer here:
    - I have backups of my own, purchased PSP UMD games. I would like to play these backups (who likes mISO soup? I do. OH, did I get off topic? Sorry...). In order to play backups of my legally purchased games, and assuming I've successfully completed steps 1 -5 above, do I need some kind of loader? I saw a youTube tut where the guy, w/ CFW on his PSP, just copied the files to the 'soup' folder on the PSP and just loaded the game. Does that also mean I can copy multiple backups to that folder? (Really, I hate carrying all those UMDs everywhere and just want to have as many of them on one stick as I can fit).

Sorry for the dumb soup reference, but the forum rules were very specific about not asking or mentioning certain terms, and I really would like to hear an answer to my question. Oddly enough, all the amount of research I've done, I can't find a direct answer for that (well, for obvious reasons I guess).

Or if there is a tut here somewhere about that, then please call me an idiot and provide a link.... please

Thanks in advance, this a great site and I have learned a lot!!

Oh... one last one: Once I've Pandora'd and installed CFW, i don't need the MMS anymore, right?
    Last edited by kbb2002; 03-14-2009 at 08:16 PM.

The King Of Chinatown PSP Elite Hacker Geek's Avatar
    IF you have OE 4.00 then you have a modded psp, upgrade to 4.01 m33 and then go to 5.00m33-6, after you have installed m33 then press select and change your umd driver to m33

I'm not a pirate. I am a 21st century Che liberating files from the capitalist overlords.
    How to check if you can mod your PSP

Thanks MZ for a sleek sig!

Hm... I may have used the wrong terminology then.

Bought my PSP-1000 brand new from Gamestop about 2 years ago... started w/ Sony firmware 2.XX and over time I kept updating the firmware via Sony updates... never modded or hacked it and when I check now, it says "System Software Version 4.00". I never got around to doing any of the last few Sony updates.

Again I may have mis-stated something above, but this is definitely an un-hacked PSP as I have been the sole owner from day one. I even got the crappy unhackable battery, it came with it.

Or are you saying that because it's firmware 4.00, I don't have to worry about using Pandora hack and can just do software hack? Tutorials explain how to do soft hack up to firmware 3.9X or something... then it says for anything above that, has to use Pandora?

Thanks for the reply though, everything is appreciated. The more I learn, the better.
    Last edited by kbb2002; 03-14-2009 at 08:20 PM.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    no you have to use a pandora for 4.00, and you can't dowgrade if your firmware is above 3.50, which yours is.
    Why dont we start comparing psp to a fucking fridge ? ours has a lcd built in ....
    The I-phone & DS are for weak minded fools that like crap Graphics and mundane sound
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkthunder90 View Post
    I tell people upright, if you push me, I'm pissin on you.

okay if there aren't letters after your firmware info then your psp is not modded and you must use the pandora and mms to hack it end of story, do you know anyone with a modded psp ? If so use theirs to make a softmod pandora and make mms for your psp and then you are done read my guide its got all the info you need

I'm not a pirate. I am a 21st century Che liberating files from the capitalist overlords.

Thanks for the reply... I've already ordered a Pandora battery, so I'm going to go that route, no one I know has a hacked PSP. Thanks so much for confirming, just makes me feel much better that I actually understand what I'm reading!

great now make your mms and you are good ot go

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker danos's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Oh... one last one: Once I've Pandora'd and installed CFW, i don't need the MMS anymore, right?[/QUOTE]

you wont need it

♥ man ass PSP Elite Hacker carp's Avatar
    in order to run .ISO's on ur psp all u have to do is format ur memory stick and place ur .ISO in the ISO folder found on the root of ur stick.
    after that go to the recovery menu, hold R when booting ur psp and go to basic settings (or something similar) and change ur UMD/ISO driver to M33 or Sony NP9660 (something like that).
    then i think in advanced settings or something there is a CPU speed and u want to change them to 333 mhz and 166 mhz.
    and ur set, this is all done after u have custom firmware.
    I'm a fag.