Thread: New to the forum. Few newbie questions.

1. #1 New to the forum. Few newbie questions. 
    NEW POST: All problems solved. Thanks a bunch, Darkfox, and Slowman too

OLD POST:
    Hello everyone, I'm thinking of buying a PSP Slim. I need a few questions answered.

1. First of all, I'm thinking of buying a Pandora battery from this site called pandorasales.com. Is this site genuine? Has anyone here tried it out? Question solved

2. When using the Pandora's battery, how high is the chance of my PSP getting bricked/permanently damaged in the process? Can it be cured if it gets bricked? Question solved

3. I don't feel like buying a magic memory stick which is usually shipped along with these Pandora kits. Can I just format any memory stick for this, I mean, can an original Sony, or maybe cheaper, locally made memory stick be used? If yes, can I format it back to a normal memory stick?
    Question solved

4. What size of memory stick is recommended? Can using a bigger memory stick (eg. 16 or 8 or 4 GB) cause any hindrance in the process? Question solved

5. Is the process firmware dependent? I mean, if I have a higher firmware (eg. 5.03 or something), is it true that it can't be hacked using Pandora's battery? Are the PSP 2000s even shipped with such high firmwares anyway? Question solved

Please forgive me for being a noob.
    Last edited by Finkler; 03-20-2009 at 04:38 PM.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker DarkFoxSniper's Avatar
    1:Never used it myself.Here's a thread about it though:
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/psp-gen...sales-com.html

2:No chance at all if you do everything right as Pandora is an Unbricker also.

3:Yes but some "Fake" Memory Sticks will NOT work.

4:I've seen them made on anywhere from a 256 MB to a 4 GB..never tried 8 or 16 GB..sorry.

5:Firmware is not what you have to worry about it's the MotherBoard.Most likely if you bought a Slim recently it cannot be hacked and if you got a 3000 it is NOT hackable at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by iedwardsIII
    In the words of DFS, go die.

PSP Motherboard F.A.Q. Coldboot Tutorial

1: Alright, then is dealextreme alright?

3: Is there any way to identify these before I buy one? I mean, can it be checked on the spot, while I'm at the retailer? And, will they work alright otherwise? That is, will they only hinder in making a "magic" MS, or will they only be able to do other things like store and play music, etc?

5: Yeah, I'm informed about the motherboard issue. I won't buy any 088v3 mobo.

Thanks for the information by the way
    Last edited by Finkler; 03-20-2009 at 03:40 PM.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker DarkFoxSniper's Avatar
    1:From my experience DX takes a LONG time(Took over a month for an order I placed)

3:I cant really tell you a rule of thumb from the package but if it says MagiGate Supported it will work and a fake MS can hinder things like ISO's and such

Quote Originally Posted by iedwardsIII
    In the words of DFS, go die.

PSP Motherboard F.A.Q. Coldboot Tutorial

Hey there

A newbie with questions ! Need help I updated when I put in a new game. Looking for a place in Oakville Canada or any suggestions?
    Thanks Kimmer

In case I wasn't totally clear. I had my psp already modded but it updated when I put in a new game. So now I need my firmware updated. Anyone know anywhere in the Toronto area (Mississauga, Oakville, etc.) where I can get this done? Or any other suggestions? I'm totally new to this, therefore a little clueless!! help!!