Thread: The new User's Guide for New Users

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 The new User's Guide for New Users 
    Super Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Pirate-M.Lifnen's Avatar
    Welcome

This is a guide to introduce you, the new member, to the site, and to try to help you get used to the feel of the site. But still remain brief enough to be read though.

Special Navigation
    Stickies
    To begin with, the moderators have stickied various threads throughout the forum, as they are needed or seen as extraordinarily helpful for the topic section they are in. These stickies are for the benefit of everyone. You can quickly access the information you want, and we don't need to deal with the redundant and repetitive threads that are so often posted.
    The stickies are easily found in all sections of the forums. They are the top threads and are labeled "Sticky", these will be useful for you.

Guides
    If you are looking for guides or tutorials for common things such as downgrading your PSP, installing/updating custom firmware, creating a Pandora's battery, or just about anything else, you will want to look for the Guides button at the top of every page, in the site's navigation bar.

Search
    This is the button that is in the top right of the navigation button. This button is seen as one of the most important tools the site has to offer. PSPMod has a wealth of information, which can easily be harnessed, if you simply search the site before posting a new thread. It's fairly easy to handle, and usually your question will be answered by searching. This will offer you a much faster answer than having to wait for someone to respond to your question--usually with someone who will tell you to search.

PSPMOD Shop
    This is a pretty simple page to get, but it's one of our newest additions to the site. It's an online store where users can buy Pandora's Batteries and memory sticks.

Downloads
    Here is where we host various downloads to be used with your PSP. We host many firmware versions, emulators, homebrew games, and other utilities. This is another relatively new addition to the site.

Chat Room
    This is another new addition to the site. This is the chat room, which offers instant responses to your questions, and this is your chance as a member to chat and get to know some of the users here at the site.

Also an important tool for most users (daily users) of the site is the New Posts button. This button gives you a list of all the new threads that have been made or posted in since you last logged in or checked the site. This will allow you to get to the most recently asked questions, or recently posted information.

The Staff
    The staff of the site are viewable in the View Forum Leaders page, which also offers the forum leader's contact information.
    The staff know everything with the site--the way it's run, the way it handles, and most importantly, we know our PSP and computer nerdy stuff too.

Also, please feel free to PM the mods with any problem, question, or comment you have for us. We are here to help you, so please help us help you.

The Rules

I'll try to keep this rather short as we already have quite an extensive list of the site rules located in the stickied threads "The Official PSPmod.com Rules And Guidelines" and "The PSPMod Forum Rules".
    However, in short, the big rules are:
    Don't double post. - This is posting a post right after you just posted in the same thread, without anyone posting in between. There is an edit button of the bottom of all of your posts.
    Don't flame or disrespect people.
    Don't troll, post multiple threads, or off topic threads. Unless, in the case of the latter, in the Off Topic section. - Basically, don't post the same thread in different sections, and don't post stupid or pointless threads. And try to find the answer to your question by searching before asking.
    Don't discuss piracy - Don't talk about illegally obtaining/illegally obtained ISO's, CSO's, ROM's, or any image of any copyrighted material. However, we do talk about games that we've "backed up" ourselves.
    Don't advertise - Your site, your friend's site..or other sites.

This quick list is by no means a complete set of the rules; to be a useful and contributing member of the site one must read the rules.

Another list of suggested behavior, as seen by a fellow member, not mod. Things a New Member should not do.

Also, be sure to see both What you can expect from PSPMod.com Forums, and the Newbie Guide to the PSPMod.com Forums. These are both, also, very important threads that offer a lot of great information for the users.

And lastly, I'd like to just restate that it's the moderator's job to help the users of the site, and to keep the site running. So if you see any problems, have any questions, or need to tell us something, please do.

And, lastly lastly, I'd like to say that this guide is the one from BLACKOUT that I've expanded upon. I at first meant to just clean it up, and update the links, but it got a little more in depth, and I decided to make it a separate guide.
    Last edited by Pirate-M.Lifnen; 08-09-2009 at 05:18 AM.
    Rules, rules, rules. WinRAR
    The most important thread you'll ever read..

"The mods look like the gestapo; 'do as we say, not as we do.'"

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    nice guide...tells how all the new guys how to be active on the site!
    Get Custom Firmware without a pandora's battery!
    http://pspslimhacks.com/easy-chickhe...thout-pandora/
    ---------------------------------------------------

we can all make the world colder....

Senior Member I Modded My PSP help help help's Avatar
    I am very glad you made this.
    "Sending you to your maker would be an act of mercy. Your regeneration powers' impressive, but I bet if I put enough bullets into your skull you will stay down for good. So let's cut to the chase. Start begging." - Alucard

Junior Member PSP User
    ok that explains everithing

Junior Member PSP User fercarte's Avatar
    thanks. really helped. Hope I can get CFW and all the great stuff from having CFW by reading and learning from this site.

nice try... so HMK is here, i will burn your site! LOL...

Junior Member PSP User
    Yeah thanks...
    Now i may finally be able to hack my Blue Madden PSP
    I just love PSP's

PSP 1001 series firmware: 5.00 M33-6
    PSP 2001 series firmware: 5.50 GEN-B

I can't thank this site enough, total noob at psp hacking/downgrading. I read and re-read all guides about psp hacking, and to my astonishment, I managed to do it, now playing loads of "back-ups" on my psp. Go to give credit to the mms creator in the downloads, helped me out loads in my darkest day's of googling.
    just wanna say thankx to all involved in this site, and i would certainly buy any of you a good drink!
    Cheers
    B

10. #10 New to the game! 
    Hey peeps! Well I joined this site so I can finally hack my PSP 1000. I searched and searched through the Internet and I found this great website and read some of the instructions to start hacking away. Looks pretty simple but don't want to mess up! I have version 5.53 installed on PSP 1000. Can n e one tell me if I can still modify my PSP?

Junior Member PSP User
    Quote Originally Posted by tonytonitone1 View Post
    Hey peeps! Well I joined this site so I can finally hack my PSP 1000. I searched and searched through the Internet and I found this great website and read some of the instructions to start hacking away. Looks pretty simple but don't want to mess up! I have version 5.53 installed on PSP 1000. Can n e one tell me if I can still modify my PSP?
    Pandora Battery and MMS

Junior Member PSP User
    hello mr. admin and people.. im new here and i liked it here. the people are helpful. tnx guys.. continue that way.. longlive pspmode!!!!

hi im new here kinda hard understand this site im using my psp write thes to

Junior Member PSP User inferno0619's Avatar
    Hi everyone, Iam new here, just registered today, trying to hack my psp like everyone else lol. I kinda use to hack psps but that was years ago and now iam determined to start hacking again for my friends and me.. Also, Just to let you guys know, I'am going to do my best to not look like a leecher and actually do some reading and research some stuff before asking dumb questions. So yeah hope to learn a lot here wooooo.

Super Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Pirate-M.Lifnen's Avatar
    Notice: Please refrain from making your "Introduction thread" in the form of a reply to this thread.
    This thread is open for suggestions for adding to it, or clarification...
    Make a thread for the rest.
    Rules, rules, rules. WinRAR
    The most important thread you'll ever read..

"The mods look like the gestapo; 'do as we say, not as we do.'"

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast