Thread: Newb in teh house.

1. #1 Newb in teh house. 
    Hey guys, I am very big experienced with iPod Touch hacking. Very. But I am very noobish with PSP hacking. I am also looking for a AIM member to help me step by step. BTW is there any major hack for PSP such as iPhone + iPod Touch has Jailbreak? Thanks and Peace.

The King Of Chinatown PSP Elite Hacker Geek's Avatar
    yes pandora and mms

I'm not a pirate. I am a 21st century Che liberating files from the capitalist overlords.
    How to check if you can mod your PSP

Thanks MZ for a sleek sig!

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker delon4o's Avatar
    use a toturial in the toturial secione
    First PSP2k : OFW 5.03 --> CFW 3.72M33-1 --> CFW 5.00m33-4 --> 5.00m33-6 --> 5.02 GEN-A -->5.50 GEN-A --> broken screen --> sold
    Second PSP2k : OFW 4.01 --> 5.03 --> ChickHEN R2 --> CFWEnabler 3.60 --> 5.03MHU

10:35 <-Mufasa-> in mother russia, children don't walk on street, street walks on childrem

No AIMies?

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    There's one universal method: Pandora and MMS
    Other methods involve exploits and downgraders, but for recent OFW (Official Firmware) you would need a Pandora and MMS (Magic Memory Stick). The hack is called CFW, or Custom Firmware. There's two main CFW's out there, M33, and GEN. I personally recommend M33, especially for a first time. Use a guide on this site, and you will create a MMS using one of the Windows Tools. Then hardmod (use a guide) your battery, which involves opening it up, to create a JigKick, or Pandora Battery. If you don't want to open up your battery and risk breaking something in there, buy a Pandora (also referred to as JigKick or Service Mode) Battery off pspmod shop, or dealextreme.com.

And the jist of the method:

When creating a Pandora, or JigKick Battery, you are setting the serial to 0xFFFFFFFF. When a battery with this serial is put into the PSP, it forces it to start up in Service Mode. You can't really do anything in Service Mode unless you have certain files telling it what to do. That's where the MMS comes in. The MMS has files on the PSP's Memory Stick that tells the PSP to install Custom Firmware. When you have no Memory Stick, or a regular Memory Stick in the PSP, the PSP will enter Service Mode, but nothing will happen and the screen will be blank. With an MMS in the PSP, you will be presented with a sort of menu. This will give you the option to install the CFW. If you do, it will run the code on the MMS and install the Custom Firmware, and your PSP will be hacked.
    Last edited by unknown333; 04-22-2009 at 12:21 AM.
    Custom Firmware Guide
    PSP Online Forums

Phat: 1.50 -> 2.00 -> 3.73 -> 3.71 M33-2 -> 3.90 M33 -> 4.01 M33-2 -> 5.00 M33-4