Thread: Hey there, from a PSP homebrew virgin!

1. #1 Hey there, from a PSP homebrew virgin! 
    Junior Member PSP User
    Hello to everyone. I'm as green as they come. The noob of noobs. I am computer savy, (CompTIA A+ Certified.) but new to the homebrew scene. I hope to learn a lot in this forum. I've done a little PS2 modding and homebrewing, but I have SO much more to learn. Thanks in advance to all who provide help in the future. I have 2 PSP's (a 1000 and a 3000). I am not sure if the 1000 works properly. I don't have a battery for it and the one in my 3000 does not work properly in the 1000. The 1000 will work if I plug in the power adapter, but the battery won't charge. Is this normal? It looks like someone tried to mod it, (magic memory stick) but without the Pandora battery, I can't check. I think I'm just going to take it to GameStop and have them check it out for me. I'll holla back when I have more news.

have fun modding

Junior Member PSP User
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitochondria View Post
    Your battery probably shorted out if it won't charge....Did you try putting the charger in first then the battery....If that doesn't charge it then your battery is shorted out.

What do you mean you can't check the PSP1000? If it turns on and goes to the xmb then you can check the System Software in the System Settings. If all you get is a black screen then that psp is bricked.

Well your in luck if all you want is homebrew because chickHEN was just released allowing you to run Homebrews (not psp or psx games) on your psp with custom firmware. But you can run HEN on your PSP1000 and get custom firmware and play psp/psx games off of your memory stick.
    My battery charges fine when I put it in the 3000. I have no battery for my 1000. I took the 1000 to Gamestop and had it checked out. It works fine. I'm going to get a Pandora set for my 1000. I want to do more than just running homebrews, I want to play my backed up games also. I'll probably try the mod chip for my 3000. no one had shown me why I shouldn't. How do I do what you said in your last paragraph? " But you can run HEN on your PSP1000 and get custom firmware and play psp/psx games off of your memory stick."