Thread: Is it all worth it?? and Hi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Is it all worth it?? and Hi 
    Hey everyone,

Just got a PSP at the weekend for my birthday it's a Slim and Lite PSP-2003 PB firmware version 4.05

I've been reading alot about hacking/modding psp because I initiallly wanted to be able to play Mame games on it but from what I've read it all seems a lot of effort for just wanting to play Final Fight or The Simpsons every so often especially when I've got a laptop with these games on it.

I just want to know if it is worth bothering? I want to surf the net on it and watch videos etc but it seems you have to go backwards and perhaps sacrifice things for the sake of older things, am I right??

I'd love some opinions on this.

Cheers

Tom

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker mrbob3's Avatar
    Once your up and running, its great. I love my psp for the things it can do. The biggest problem i have is buying more and more memory cards! It can take a while to get everything sorted but its def worth all the hassle in the end. Just persevere and youl have a multiple game playing device in your hand. I can play gran turismo 2 whilst having a poo. Just cause i can! lol

Hi,

By inspiration i became a PSP ownet, with out knowing any basics. An, On go Wifi device was one of the thing I thougtht i could make use of it. Its an PSP 2000, purchased last week (6/2), it came with 4.05 Firmware. I initially planned to buy used games, looks like even them also costing 5 to 20$. Regarding memory card, learnt that i could go only 4 GB to 8GB max which is i dont like it, i thought of keeping as much as max movies copied.

Some one told, there some mod available and i no need to buy games indivisually. I called the guy in Miami, he asked me the serial number (HU2719788), he said that this seris can not be modified.

Now im thinking is it all worth? seems to maintain this i got to be spending 200 more atleast....

in future would there be Mods coming for this latest manufactured units?

Can some one help usout ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mrbob3 View Post
    ....The biggest problem i have is buying more and more memory cards..
    Do you have a different memory card per firmware then? or is that just storage?

Two more questions (sorry):

1. I see you are from the middle of England me too, did you have to buy a pandora battery and if so where from?

2. I see your firmware is 5 m336 does this mean you have all the capabilites of the latest official software along with the ability to play old games like Mame?

I may go have a dump now and play Tiger Woods while doing so.

Cheers

Tom

The King Of Chinatown PSP Elite Hacker Geek's Avatar
    no the memory card works no matter what its just you run out of space,
    1. if you have 5.03 or below you don't need to get a pandora you can get the chickHEN exploit and use hellcats recovery flasher to get m33
    2. Yes

I'm not a pirate. I am a 21st century Che liberating files from the capitalist overlords.
    How to check if you can mod your PSP

Thanks MZ for a sleek sig!

It is totlay worht it.. I just got a psp 3000, and got it moded, and now i enjoy Homebrew and other emulators.

Geek9 I have 4.05 so I can just use chickHEN exploit and Hellcats flasher?any links you could provide to get me started?

animated tom, if your out of the box firmware was 4.01 or 4.05 then yes to chickHEN no to hellcat's because if that was your firmware then you have an unhackable psp (which means no m33, but you can use chickHEN and 5.03GEN A not 5.02 GEN A), check my sig to see if you have an unhackable

I'm not a pirate. I am a 21st century Che liberating files from the capitalist overlords.

welcome to pspmod

Geek9 I've read through the link in your sig and according to that I've an unhackable psp because in the battery area I've the Data Code 8C.

Is there anyway for me to play old 80s arcade games on here with MAME or something like it?
    Last edited by Animated_Tom; 06-20-2009 at 11:55 AM.

cusinnd
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbob3 View Post
    Once your up and running, its great. I love my psp for the things it can do. The biggest problem i have is buying more and more memory cards! It can take a while to get everything sorted but its def worth all the hassle in the end. Just persevere and youl have a multiple game playing device in your hand. I can play gran turismo 2 whilst having a poo. Just cause i can! lol
    Me too I would recommend going out and buying a bunch of real not fake memory stick pro duos I have a bunch of 4GB ones and I still fill them up with iso games.

So am I right in thinking because I have an unhackable psp I can do the following:

- Upgrade to 5.03
    - Use Chickhen to upgrade to 5.03 Gen A
    - Then install Mame4all

IS this right?

yes, but you can use 5.03 GEN A or cfw enabler v3.50

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker danos's Avatar
    when you mod your psp you lose no features, just gain alot
    Red Slim ofw 3.93 > ofw 5.02 > cfw 3.80m33-5 > cfw 5.00m33-4 > cfw 5.00m33-6
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/psp-mis...-hackable.html
    A wise man once said common sense is not that common

http://www.pspmod.com/forums/psp-fir...sp-any-fw.html

Well I got it working, no thanks at all to some dull videos on youtube, jeez I wish these people would produce the videos better or not do them at all, I might make one myself.

OK so the only thing now is that chickHen has to be reinitialised every time I reboot is there a fix for this or is it something I have to put up with, it doesn't bother me that much but its a bit tricky sometimes doing that dance with photo files.

Thanks again for everyones help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast