Thread: A Flick of the wrist, and Your PSP opens you into a New world. Known as, "Awesome".

1. #1 A Flick of the wrist, and Your PSP opens you into a New world. Known as, "Awesome". 
    Howdy hey, everyone. I just recently joined. literaly about 6 minutes ago, in the reading upon, Firmware customizations and whatnot, and downloading ISO/CSO files into my PSP. I actually have little idea. Other then, an ISO, is a Disc image, and CSo apprently is the UMD file? or something? Anyway, My names Ryan, feel free to call me by it. or Pocko...or..What ever your apparently comfy with. I just bought a PSP 3000, and im a broke joke, so until i get monies. i wanna get a jumpstart ont he PSP networking, firmware, and hacking community, so i can play aroudn with even more things, in the meantime. - pokes psp - Nifty lil doodad, went out and got the limited edition, Ratchet and clank entertainment pack..I beat it twice now..so, Looking alive, i found this place. and just happen to run across a Camera cord, that just so happen to say "sony" on it, in a suitcase, from years ago. so I'm ready to go.

I only got a 1 gig memory stick, im assuming im better off with much higher for this kinda stuff? but theres gotta be something, that i can do. Right?

SO any simple explanation on how this stuff is used? Like, what all can this "hacking" and firmware, do?

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Bewood's Avatar
    Hey Ryan, welcome to PSPMod.

An ISO and a CSO are one alike. Only difference is a CSO is the compressed image, the ISO is the raw image itself. Only disadvantages to compressing the ISO is it could cause it to lag or run slow.

Well, if you have a 3000, you should be able to get ChickHEN. If you're at 5.03 or below firmware, you can get ChickHEN, and run 5.03GEN-A.

I'd link you to the tutorial, but it's on here so I'd start looking.

Also, you might want to read the rules, and pay attention that PSPMod does not support piracy, and it will not be discussed here.

Mind if i PM you some Questions that are pretty simple. yay or nays?

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Bewood's Avatar
    That's no problem, however I think you have to have a certain post count before you can use the PM system.

You may contact me via a messenger, though.