Thread: Hello all

1. #1 Hello all 
    Hi All.
    I just got a new PSP (2004, f/w 4.01)
    Have a whole lot of questions Wasn't sure where to post them because they are from a cross-section of topics about the psp. So hopefully this is the right place..

1. I have the option to exchange the 2004 for a 3004 (which is 60% of the cost of 2004) but was told that the 3004 cannot be modded. Is that true? If not, then can someone point me to a tutorial on how to mod it?

2. The 2004 (F/W 4.01) is supposedly modded. How do I test that? If it is not modded, then how do I mod it myself (assuming that you suggest I don't go for the 3004)

3. I checked the psp update site and the latest f/w version is 5.x. Should I update to that or will that "un-mod" my modded psp?

4. Suggestions for games to buy - Action and RPG preferences (One I am gonna buy is the sonic game)

Edit: One more question:

5. Do both these model support a 4 gig memory stick pro duo? I think I vaguely remember reading somewhere that the 2004 does not support more than a 2 gig stick
    Thanks in advance for the help and advice
    Last edited by Anant; 06-28-2009 at 05:16 AM. Reason: Added another question

Penis Master Extreme PSP Mad Hacker GOBLINCOCK's Avatar
    go to system settings and look and look at system information, thats your firmware, also the psp 2004 i think might be unhackable someone else might have to help me out.

and buy MONSTER HUNTER FREEDOM 2/ UNITE
    Syphonfilter is good too
    Socom FTB2 for multiplayer

im probably not that big of a help but go for it

Quote Originally Posted by GOBLINCOCK View Post
    go to system settings and look and look at system information, thats your firmware, also the psp 2004 i think might be unhackable someone else might have to help me out.
    Yeah, as I mentioned in the post, the F/W is 4.01

and buy MONSTER HUNTER FREEDOM 2/ UNITE
    Syphonfilter is good too
    Socom FTB2 for multiplayer
    What are those? Sorry I'm unfamiliar with all those terms