Thread: Hello From The Philippines

1. #1 Hello From The Philippines 
    PasigMarcos
    Hi Everybody! I waited almost two months before registering onto PSPMod.com. I'm Marcos Miranda, the founder, owner, and president of MirandaSoft, since 1992. I'm originally from Seattle, Washington, USA, and now married and living in Pasig City, Philippines.

I bought my 1st PSP on May 1, 2009. Prior to that date, I knew nothing about PSPs... Well, I guess I forgot. Within 48 hours, I realized that the PSP is a MIPS R4000 computer and I received training from MIPS in the early 1990's. After some digging, I then, realized that my PSP is really a 1993 computer with a 2002 graphics card and Sony's 1998 VAIO interface, which then went to PlayStation 3 and PSP.

What I find shocking is that most, if not all PSP games, are made to work with a 32 megabyte memory space. Back in my early programming days, I had to make programs no bigger than 32 megabytes in size. That was the same instruction I received from MIPS, too. The NANDs of the PSPs are either 32MB (PSP-1000 series) and 64MB (PSP-2000 & PSP-3000). In 1994, making a compiled program to be under 64MB in size took a few weeks in my class. It took Sony just two months from 5.50 to 5.51.

Another thing I find shocking is, the fact that NOBODY has replaced Sony's firmware in PSP hardware! It's really a 32 megabyte operating system! With today's development software, too many people are wasting their time with Sony's official firmware... Why not replace the firmware? MIPS R4000 processors can run other operating systems. The PSP, itself, is just a computer. For flashing, interested parties should read about EEPROMs.

The XMB interface in my PSP reminds me of Sony VAIO's 1998 failure for producing a desktop PC. At that time, only SCEA-approved software could be run, which later forced SCEA to dump the XMB interface and allow people to install their own software in Windows 98.

Anyways, as many people hear have figured out... I'm still a computer geek... My original specialty was CPU & Hardware interfacing. That was back in the 1980's. Thanks for having me on PSPMod.com. Have a nice day, everybody!

Marcos

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Kaikz's Avatar
    Umm, wow.

Anyways..... Welcome?

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker mrbob3's Avatar
    Hiya marcos, if you think you can do a lil bit of c/fw hacking especially for the 3000 then that would be something quiet special. Welcome aboard!

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker danos's Avatar
    i think i understood half of that,welcome
    Red Slim ofw 3.93 > ofw 5.02 > cfw 3.80m33-5 > cfw 5.00m33-4 > cfw 5.00m33-6
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/psp-mis...-hackable.html
    A wise man once said common sense is not that common

http://www.pspmod.com/forums/psp-fir...sp-any-fw.html

Senior Member I Modded My PSP sirnyor's Avatar
    Sir Marcos, welcome to PSPmod, I'm Ehrj from Zamboanga City, Philippines., are you Filipino too? or half pinoy?

EDIT: i view your website sir..
    Last edited by sirnyor; 07-01-2009 at 02:55 PM.
    PSP Slim 2006 Silver 5.00 M33-6

Elite Bullshitter PSP Elite Hacker Jubbabubba's Avatar
    Pretty damn impressive. Welcome to the Forums.

Yeah its VERY strange. Waited 2 months before joining PSPMOD? and its the same post on multiple sites? also saying hes a computer whizz but never heard of the psp until he got 1 in may 2009? yeah righto! Even my mum has heard of the PSP so thats crap for a start. Probly just promoting his site like you say.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbob3 View Post
    Yeah its VERY strange. Waited 2 months before joining PSPMOD? and its the same post on multiple sites? also saying hes a computer whizz but never heard of the psp until he got 1 in may 2009? yeah righto! Even my mum has heard of the PSP so thats crap for a start. Probly just promoting his site like you say.
    i agree! why wait, when HE can join anytime that if, HE wanted to.. HE should have not wasted so much time if HE wanted to join without any hidden agendas...

Also, he has posted nothing since. So its a safe bet his account was just started up to advertise.........