Thread: extremely new

1. #1 extremely new 
    Member PSP User
    hey im new to the site and to PSPs. i just got a psp 1001 and I have ofw 4.05, i got it last week and i really want to instal cfw on it. I've been doing a lot of reading about it and watched a lot of videos of how to mod PSPs. I've read threads on here before and I've found some good ones. i still need a PB and a MMS. i can't order cause i don't have credit cards. if there is some other way i can get both, feel free to let me know. I've also read that i can't even make a mms because im running on a laptop with windows vista home basic. I've also read and seen videos saying that it is possible to do so.
    Last edited by duuuuude; 07-24-2009 at 06:04 AM.

♥ man ass PSP Elite Hacker carp's Avatar
    welcome to my domain
    I'm a fag.

Elite Bullshitter PSP Elite Hacker Jubbabubba's Avatar
    You could always use a prepaid card from say Walmart. You can create a mms through Vista with out a problem.

You can use Ofw 5.03->ChickHen R2 -> Hellcats Recovery Flasher -> 5.00 M33

If you don't want the Pandora Route. Just search on the pspmod Forums or google for guides

Member PSP User
    [QUOTE=Jubbabubba;485159]You could always use a prepaid card from say Walmart. You can create a mms through Vista with out a problem.

You can use Ofw 5.03->ChickHen R2 -> Hellcats Recovery Flasher -> 5.00 M33

what does going though Ofw 5.03->ChickHen R2 -> Hellcats Recovery Flasher -> 5.00 M33 do exactly?

You could do the ChickHEN R2 exploit, its pretty easy, but then again pandora is more reliable. But ChickHEN is easier with less resources, all you need is internet, psp, memory stick, and you need to download the 5.03 update for your PSP.
    PM me if you need help doing so.

Member PSP User
    Quote Originally Posted by sniper_2011 View Post
    You could do the ChickHEN R2 exploit, its pretty easy, but then again pandora is more reliable. But ChickHEN is easier with less resources, all you need is internet, psp, memory stick, and you need to download the 5.03 update for your PSP.
    PM me if you need help doing so.
    I've gotten the chickhen r2 working, it scared me the first time cause my psp crashed. i just don't know how to put games or anything on it

I am also a teenager and doesn't have credit cards, so I just told my mom that my PSP battery wasn't working and you can only order them offline. So I took her credit card and bought it off PSPMOD Shop but you could buy it from deal extreme for much cheaper.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker danos's Avatar
    use the second link in my sig to get cfw
    Red Slim ofw 3.93 > ofw 5.02 > cfw 3.80m33-5 > cfw 5.00m33-4 > cfw 5.00m33-6
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/psp-mis...-hackable.html
    A wise man once said common sense is not that common

http://www.pspmod.com/forums/psp-fir...sp-any-fw.html

Member PSP User
    Quote Originally Posted by danos View Post
    use the second link in my sig to get cfw
    a got chickhen r22 installed already. i just don't have any roms but i've downloaded a couple emulators off here, some i didn't know how to put on my psp

Junior Member PSP User
    I think I read that the chickhen isn't as good as pandora's battery but I'm not sure :/

Senior Member I Modded My PSP DarkMaster3442's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by duuuuude View Post
    hey im new to the site and to PSPs. i just got a psp 1001 and I have ofw 4.05, i got it last week and i really want to instal cfw on it. I've been doing a lot of reading about it and watched a lot of videos of how to mod PSPs. I've read threads on here before and I've found some good ones. i still need a PB and a MMS. i can't order cause i don't have credit cards. if there is some other way i can get both, feel free to let me know. I've also read that i can't even make a mms because im running on a laptop with windows vista home basic. I've also read and seen videos saying that it is possible to do so.
    geeza as we say in the uk update to 5.03 ofw, use chickHENr2, custom firm ware flasher or whatever its called, use it to update to 5.00 M33
    PS3 then wii then 360. Ps2 shits on 360 due to rrod

Next geezer sed:
    i went to the store and i asked if they had pandora batteries but they said they didnt becouse its illegal and i red that not the battery is illegal but the imfo that its in it i dont konow but i want to why is that info illegal

MY PSN: SlashProductions

Elite Bullshitter PSP Elite Hacker Jubbabubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hotshotveggie
    I think I read that the chickhen isn't as good as pandora's battery but I'm not sure :/
    ChickHen + Hellcats does the same thing a Pandora + MMS does; Pandora can just be easier some times.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMaster3442
    geeza as we say in the uk update to 5.03 ofw, use chickHENr2, custom firm ware flasher or whatever its called, use it to update to 5.00 M33
    He already has ChickHen R2. If he hasn't already, he just needs to use Hellcats Recovery Flasher V1.60 as I told him before.