Thread: psp not charging

1. #1 psp not charging 
    well my psp is not charging when i try to charge it with charger.it is not the fault of charger because the adapter turns a little bit of hot when i switch on.so current is flowing through the charger.

actually what happened is when i was using my psp it slipped off my hand and fell on the ground from a height of three feet or so.but nothing happened to my psp then.after that when i tried to charge my psp it is not charging.i removed the battery and tried again but no use.is it a hardware problem? what should i do now?

First try using usb cable to charge ur psp, if that one will charge definitely when u dropped ur psp the part where u plugged ur adapter in psp has been damaged coz it is the part that hit the ground something problem inside.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Smokexz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RlStrikeforce View Post
    First try using usb cable to charge ur psp, if that one will charge definitely when u dropped ur psp the part where u plugged ur adapter in psp has been damaged coz it is the part that hit the ground something problem inside.
    LMAO I believe you cannot charge your PSP via USB cable... haha that's why they made usb cables with charger ports, to charge with the ac adapter.

Your solution, new battery. Your battery most likely broke from the height.

So it's probably not the charger, to make sure borrow a friends psp and use your charger on his psp, if the charger works then it's the battery, next to make sure it's the battery try his battery on you PSP if his battery wont work on your psp then most likely you entire PSP is broken. If it's a slim now you know why the slim has a very cheap design.

EDIT: I am sorry I am very ignorant xD
    Last edited by Smokexz; 07-24-2009 at 11:44 PM.
    i am an idiot.

Texas Hellboy PSP Elite Hacker xavis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokexz View Post
    LMAO I believe you cannot charge your PSP via USB cable... haha that's why they made usb cables with charger ports, to charge with the ac adapter.

Your solution, new battery. Your battery most likely broke from the height.

So it's probably not the charger, to make sure borrow a friends psp and use your charger on his psp, if the charger works then it's the battery, next to make sure it's the battery try his battery on you PSP if his battery wont work on your psp then most likely you entire PSP is broken. If it's a slim now you know why the slim has a very cheap design.
    the slims have a usb charge function

"I don't have an anger problem, I have a problem with idiots." - Hank Hill

CXMB Guide | IRSHELL UsbHost/RemoteJoy Guide! |

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Smokexz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xavis75211 View Post
    the slims have a usb charge function
    GASP zomg so sorries I laughed >.< I am still using a phat it seems I am pretty new still it could be ur battery and I apologize for not knowing my stuff on the slim, I like the phat more.
    i am an idiot.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP hubobub89's Avatar
    definitely the contacts of the AC port.. know how to open the psp, check it... maby a ribbon came loose or somethin
    If you're gonna ask a question....

DON'T...

Go >>HERE<<

Senior Member I Modded My PSP king234's Avatar
    these might help:

SOLUTION 1.) take out the battery and and then plug the ac charger to ur psp. and switch it on without the battery. if it does switch on then there might be some problem with ur battery

SOLUTION 2.) if u have a slim then take it on usb mode and plug in the usb cable. make sure u have inserted the battery and removed the ac charger. when u plug the usb cable in the green led of ur psp should turn red, is so this means that ur charger is damaged. MAKE SURE THAT USB CHARGE IS ENABLED ON UR PSP'S SETTINGS

SOLUTION 3.) Use ur battery and charger individually on a frnds psp to see if they work. if they both work then u might have damaged the ac adapter port( the yellow colored one)

I HOPE THIS HELPS

now my psp is 1003 so i cannot charge my psp through usb

can we use psp-1003 battery for psp-2000

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Product F(RED)'s Avatar
    My friend's PSP has the same problem. Except with him, his battery exploded inside the PSP. It turns on fine, but the UMD drive doesn't work (who cares?), and the battery needs to be charged inside another PSP. A local shop offered to charger port for $20, which I think is a fairly good offer considering its significance.

AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0GHz | 4GB A-Data DDR2 RAM | Sparkle Nvidia GeForce 9400GT 512MB
    Intel Core i5 M430 2.27GHz | 4GB DDR3 RAM | Intel GMA HD