Thread: Just got a PSP

1. #1 Just got a PSP 
    Hi guys,

I've just been handed a PSP from a mate that got it as a present and never used it, and would love to mod it as I already have a bunch of ISOs.

I've been reading through the forums for the last hour, but want to check first how to go about it in case I irreversibly stuff things up as I'm known to do.

It already has firmware version 5.51, and I was going to follow this guide (pspmod.com/forums/psp-hardware-guides/28603-guide-using-pandoras-battery-easy-way-but-you-must-have-cfw.html ) but I just want to make sure I am on the correct path as I've never done it before.

The second link dosn't work in the guide above so if I'm following the right guide does anyone know where else I can get it?

Thanks

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Killer's Avatar
    Sorry matey, ye'll find no help for ye old pirates here.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Smokexz's Avatar
    Sorry dude we only help people who backup their game to play off their mem stick and not people who just download games.
    i am an idiot.

Thanks guys, I totally understand. But he actually gave me the ISO files as they're actually backed up from his UMDs, which is good as I got them loose in a plastic bag and I'm sure a lot have scratches.

I'm just seeing if the firmware 5.51 will allow me to go back to cfw, or if I'll just have to bite the bullet and clean up the disks? (just from reading I read a lot of people suggested not going past 5.0)

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker danos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBlonde View Post
    Thanks guys, I totally understand. But he actually gave me the ISO files as they're actually backed up from his UMDs, which is good as I got them loose in a plastic bag and I'm sure a lot have scratches.

I'm just seeing if the firmware 5.51 will allow me to go back to cfw, or if I'll just have to bite the bullet and clean up the disks? (just from reading I read a lot of people suggested not going past 5.0)
    lol....what model psp is it?
    Red Slim ofw 3.93 > ofw 5.02 > cfw 3.80m33-5 > cfw 5.00m33-4 > cfw 5.00m33-6
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/psp-mis...-hackable.html
    A wise man once said common sense is not that common

http://www.pspmod.com/forums/psp-fir...sp-any-fw.html

It depends..Is it a 1000, 2000,or 3000?

Sorry fellas I should've included it from the get go, it's a 1002.

Hi Danos,

Great links in your sig, I didn't come accross them while browsing the site.

Looks like it's hackable from the first link so I'm giving the guide in the second link a crack.

EDIT: Through the guide it says use firmware 5.03 but I'm on 5.51 so it obviously won't let me. I've read there's no need to downgrade on a PHAT, but just wanted to check just in case.

Thanks
    Last edited by MrBlonde; 07-27-2009 at 09:15 AM.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker danos's Avatar
    you need to get a pandora battery to hack your psp, i suggest buying one from dealxtreme.com for $7
    Red Slim ofw 3.93 > ofw 5.02 > cfw 3.80m33-5 > cfw 5.00m33-4 > cfw 5.00m33-6
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/psp-mis...-hackable.html
    A wise man once said common sense is not that common

http://www.pspmod.com/forums/psp-fir...sp-any-fw.html