Thread: hey, im new help me please =]

1. #1 hey, im new help me please =] 
    hey im new here, and i just bought a brand new psp today and well. i don't seem to like it and all i did was turn the psp on for 2 minutes and turned it off and put it back in the box, like brand new. and i cut the plastic bag on top for the psp manual and i was wondering if the store i bought it from will take the return since i opened the plastic bag. i live in Canada and i bought it from bestbuy. i already contacted them but they say it may take 48 - 72 hours for them to respond.. so i came here so i can find out faster. thanks. i think they wouldn't allow me to return it, because on the receipt it says "Due to copyright laws, computer and game console software, music CDs, DVDs and videos in opened packages may only be exchanged for the same item." and a psp is a game console? so i dont think they will let me..

The King Of Chinatown PSP Elite Hacker Geek's Avatar
    you should be able to, if best buy canada has a somewhat decent return policy, just raise hell if they don't

I'm not a pirate. I am a 21st century Che liberating files from the capitalist overlords.
    How to check if you can mod your PSP

Thanks MZ for a sleek sig!

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Smokexz's Avatar
    Well maybe, I once had a hard drive from the bestbuy in america and they have a 30 day return policy... just make sure the guy who sold you the psp isn't some freakin ass who tries to tell you 15 day return instead of 30(I got a guy from geek squad trying to tell me that best buy could not replace it, and that the return policy was only if you purchased this and that and it was only 15 days, BS always remember if you buy from major stores like these 30 days IF you own the receipt)
    Anyways yeah they will just bring it in to best buy and say you want to return it they will most likely show you the way to the support desk and you can either swap it, or ask for money back.

If not then I guess Canadians have a fucked up BestBuy. (no offense)
    i am an idiot.

yea, thanks guys. i should be able to because i didnt do anything with it much. -.- and i need the money to pay for my car. if they dont let me return it because of a opened box and the plastic bag, im gonna bitch at the manager and all of thier workers. because i dont get why u cant return the item when you have everything in its original box.but yea, im gonna go return it tomorrow its civic holiday.