Thread: Hello

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Hello 
    Well name is Jason, new to the forum and thought I'd introduce myself before I start posting. Well I bought a PSP-2000 and have a friend who had purchased the pandora kit and tried to modify my psp and was not able to. I'm very new to this so will try to read up on much of this as possible before asking too many questions.

Unfortunately like I had said, my friend was unable to modify my PSP. He stated that it might be because of the model but he was unsure exactly the problem. He has done this before with the pandora kit on many different PSP's and this is the 1st one he has encountered that he could not do. If anyone has any information on this and can point me in the right direction to save time that would be great.

Thanks guys.

Just read a thread and so I guess my PSP is cannot be modded, well that sucks.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Product F(RED)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspiration Dreaming View Post
    Just read a thread and so I guess my PSP is cannot be modded, well that sucks.
    You CAN mod it, but you need to tell us what firmware you're on so we can verify it. To check, go to Settings --> System Settings --> System Information. And also, tell us what PSP 2000 it is (ie Star Wars, God of War, Silver, Black, etc)

AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0GHz | 4GB A-Data DDR2 RAM | Sparkle Nvidia GeForce 9400GT 512MB
    Intel Core i5 M430 2.27GHz | 4GB DDR3 RAM | Intel GMA HD

Ok, I've been reading more and more threads and getting different information, regarding whether or not I can. I will post the information regarding my PSP hopefully this can be done. Thanks for the support and help.

Ok, I've been reading more and more threads and getting different information, regarding whether or not I can. I will post the information regarding my PSP hopefully this can be done. Thanks for the support and help.
    No prob. The 2 things I need to know are:

1) What firmware are you on?
    2) What model PSP are you using? Fat (1000), Slim (2000), or the 3000 (newest, the "home" button is round and has the PS logo on it)

AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0GHz | 4GB A-Data DDR2 RAM | Sparkle Nvidia GeForce 9400GT 512MB

Here is the info on the PSP:

System software Version 4.01

PSP-2000 series (slim, black)

Thanks for the support.

Ok, so I have read Zarz123 post on determining whether or not a specific PSP is hackable or not. So based on his post my PSP is not hackable/cannot be modded. So just want to verify this 100%.

If it currently cannot be modded should I wait for something to become available to do this or should I look into another PSP?

Thanks.

Here is the info on the PSP:

System software Version 4.01

PSP-2000 series (slim, black)

Thanks for the support.
    It's hackable. But you need to upgrade to 5.03. Follow this guide
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/psp-fir...-hackable.html

Just to verify, The link you sent me stats, **not to run this on PSP 2000 with TA-088v3 Motherboard**

will this "brick" my PSP?

sorry for all the questions and you working with me on this I just want to verify all the info I am getting and that it will work and be possible. Thanks

I've also run into this thread, I assume these are basically the same.
    **cant post URLs** so it was made by user: zAkOli, thread name [guide] getting CFW on a PSP 2000 slim

Someone should make a collaboration of these posts and make them just one. Would help with confusion and possibilities for someone to "brick"
    Thanks again.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Hacker's Avatar
    welcome to pspmod
    Great sig made by Major zero

Thanks for the welcome.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker danos's Avatar
    i believe your psp is unhackable, but to be sure you can use the guide productfred posted however when you reach the pspident part pay close attention. if it says you have ta-088v3 mobo your psp is confirmed unhackable and then do not continue on with that guide.
    instead look into chickhenr2 and custom firmware enabler
    Red Slim ofw 3.93 > ofw 5.02 > cfw 3.80m33-5 > cfw 5.00m33-4 > cfw 5.00m33-6
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/psp-mis...-hackable.html
    A wise man once said common sense is not that common

http://www.pspmod.com/forums/psp-fir...sp-any-fw.html

Just make it easier on yourself, go to gamestop and get yourself a used 2001 for next to nothing, and make yourself a pandora's battery and a MMS. It will save your sanity...
    [MOD NOTICE - YOUR SIGNATURE IS TOO LONG. FOUR LINES MAXIMUM PLEASE]

How to Get C.F.W. -- the Easy Way
    The Ultimate Tutorial to Chickhen for 3k Models
    To Upgrade -- or Not to Upgrade? That is the Question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Geek9 & tweaked by The Patriot
    I'm not a pirate. I am a 21st century Revolutionary, liberating files from the English, capitalist overlords.
    Quote Originally Posted by iPenguin2 (about the hannah montana psp package) View Post
    Aww f***, i'm already sick of all the girls singing and dancing to fricken, Hoedown Throwdown..... Hope i don't get any requests to hack 'em. =(

Quote Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
    Just make it easier on yourself, go to gamestop and get yourself a used 2001 for next to nothing, and make yourself a pandora's battery and a MMS. It will save your sanity...
    No, 99% of gaming stores no longer sell hackable 2000s. Don't bother looking, especially at Gamestop.

Hmm, my Local gamestop has loads of them. Probably because nobody ever goes there. There is a bestbuy, a target, a EB games and a fyi all in the same shopping center, and all have much better parking.
    [MOD NOTICE - YOUR SIGNATURE IS TOO LONG. FOUR LINES MAXIMUM PLEASE]

How to Get C.F.W. -- the Easy Way
    The Ultimate Tutorial to Chickhen for 3k Models
    To Upgrade -- or Not to Upgrade? That is the Question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Geek9 & tweaked by The Patriot
    I'm not a pirate. I am a 21st century Revolutionary, liberating files from the English, capitalist overlords.
    Quote Originally Posted by iPenguin2 (about the hannah montana psp package) View Post
    Aww f***, i'm already sick of all the girls singing and dancing to fricken, Hoedown Throwdown..... Hope i don't get any requests to hack 'em. =(

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast