Thread: Hi!

1. #1 Hi! 
    Hey, new guy here. I started lurking here after I helped my cousin install a Chinese CFW on his PSP Slim. After having a lot of fun with his modded one for a few months (oh man in terms of core gaming PSP's game library beats the crap out of my DS) I actually just went and ordered my first PSP (3000) five minutes ago, so I'm looking forward to getting homebrew and CFW working on it along with the obvious other stuff that I'm not supposed to talk about here.

Anyway, I hope I can learn more from the community here, nice to meet you all.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    Welcome, and good luck on getting a moddable psp. Hopefully they'll find a way to get into it soon.
    DO YOU LIKE BOOBIES?!?!?!?!?

For all your PSP hacking, game downloading, music sharing needs. Click here.
    Christianity

The belief that a cosmic Jewish zombie can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him he can be your master, so he can remove an evil force present in your soul because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.....yeah, makes perfect sense.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Product F(RED)'s Avatar
    If possible, return and get a Phat or Slim. If you decide on a Slim, hope you get a hackable one.

AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0GHz | 4GB A-Data DDR2 RAM | Sparkle Nvidia GeForce 9400GT 512MB
    Intel Core i5 M430 2.27GHz | 4GB DDR3 RAM | Intel GMA HD

Oh? I just assumed it would come with 5.03 or earlier and that normally I would have to update to get it to the latest, which I of course don't want. I ordered the Rock Band bundle off eBay since I had a coupon, so there's no telling how recent this one will be, although it is a new PSP. So no discount if I have to reorder a Slim
    It should come in by Tuesday. If I recall correctly, OFW 5.03 is easily available online.

EDIT: Crap, the bundle didn't come out until June 2009, while 5.03 was released in January, so OFW most likely will be too recent. Is there no way to downgrade, whereby I can then upgrade to the version I want? Gotta return once it comes, I guess.
    Last edited by mewarmo990; 08-10-2009 at 06:29 AM.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker DarkFoxSniper's Avatar
    Sorry if a 3000 comes with anything above 5.3 your screwed for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by iedwardsIII
    In the words of DFS, go die.

PSP Motherboard F.A.Q. Coldboot Tutorial

Thanks, I'll wait and see when it comes in. Is there any significant advantage of the 3000 over the 2000 anyway besides cosmetics?

EDIT: I Googled and I'm hearing conflicting reports that the Rock Band PSP ships with 5.02 or 5.50. Fingers crossed.
    Last edited by mewarmo990; 08-10-2009 at 07:19 AM.