Thread: Things a New Member Should NOT Do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Things a New Member Should NOT Do. 
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Product F(RED)'s Avatar
    Take this as a joke, or take this in seriousness, I don't really care. It's meant to be somewhat humorous though. I am not a moderator, but a fellow member. In my opinion, these rules should supplement the rules we already abide by.

In no particular order:

1) Stop calling yourself an idiot or a n00b so that people will feel sorry for you - I've seen so many threads entitled "Just a n00b" or "An idiot looking for...". We'll be glad to help you whether you're new to the PSP scene or you've been here since day one. Just stop demoralizing yourselves and pose your questions in all your dignity.

2) Stop posting threads asking where you can find this and that. We have Google for that. You should only post threads here as a last resort, as in, if something is so old it can't be found. Other than that, if it can't be found, it's usually for legal reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by killer3737 View Post
    I honestly don't get some peoples thought train. Whenever i have any problem or query, my first thought is to stick it in google. Need some drivers for something? Want a best price for a graphics card? Want information on fridges? Always go to google. Why someone would instead take time to register at a forum to ask the same question is beyond me.
    3) Stop posting threads asking where to find ISOs. We do not host or link to them for legal reasons. If you want to talk about that kind of stuff, PM someone, but don't make it public. If you do, you will usually be turned away and be given the usual warning. After that, it will be very difficult to convince fellow members to help you:

We do not support piracy here
    4) Stop accusing members of harassing you when they're trying to help you. Our titles must count for something. Personally, when I see "Senior Member", I know I can somewhat depend on that person's advice. But there are the new members that find it ok to be ignorant and to keep whining until they get what they want.

5) Quit with the 1337 speak. "Plox"? "Firmwarez"? Try and be as clear as concise as possible when describing your situation or whatever it is you're discussing. Members, especially those who have been here a while, will be more reluctant to help you if you cannot obey the basic rules of grammar.

6) Quit posting your email address, hoping someone will email you whatever it is you're looking for.

7) Stop, for the love of God, making a second, third, and fourth thread when someone doesn't reply on your first one. We do not eat, sleep, and live PSP. We have lives. Give it some time.

8) USE THE SEARCH BUTTON. A moderator's dream come true. We have a ridiculously large number of threads all asking the same. exact. thing. The only time you should make a new thread is when the old one is more than a few months old.

9) Stop with usernames that include "n00b", "idiot", "pro" (unless you've earned that title), or any human genitalia in them. We tend to look down upon it. Think a few months down the road, when your username sort of doesn't fit you anymore.

10) Get your PSP-related terms right. OFW = Official Firmware, CFW = Custom Firmware, 1000 = Original, Phat PSP, etc, etc. It's not that hard for the most part.

11) Stop asking if you can do ANYTHING on OFW.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitochondria View Post
    Nope, no way. Never. Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever Ever
    12) DO NOT HIJACK THREADS. That is, do not attempt, intentionally or not, to derail the thread of its original subject matter. For example, do not talk about how you just got a shiny new PSP in a thread devoted to various half-naked women.

13) Do not double, triple, or quadruple post. We especially tend to look down upon this. Earning respect can be as simple as using the button.
    Last edited by Product F(RED); 08-10-2009 at 11:28 PM.

AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0GHz | 4GB A-Data DDR2 RAM | Sparkle Nvidia GeForce 9400GT 512MB
    Intel Core i5 M430 2.27GHz | 4GB DDR3 RAM | Intel GMA HD

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Kaikz's Avatar
    Hmm, we do have a new users guide....
    I'll wait for other replies.

The King Of Chinatown PSP Elite Hacker Geek's Avatar
    like it, though you forgot about everyone asking for help with piracy

I'm not a pirate. I am a 21st century Che liberating files from the capitalist overlords.
    How to check if you can mod your PSP

Thanks MZ for a sleek sig!

Quote Originally Posted by Geek9 View Post
    like it, though you forgot about everyone asking for help with piracy
    It's in there, but it doesn't have a number. I'll make it separate though.

AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0GHz | 4GB A-Data DDR2 RAM | Sparkle Nvidia GeForce 9400GT 512MB

Texas Hellboy PSP Elite Hacker xavis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Product F(RED) View Post
    It's in there, but it doesn't have a number. I'll make it separate though.
    bold it and put it in red. thats like a bigger issue then everything else on here

"I don't have an anger problem, I have a problem with idiots." - Hank Hill

CXMB Guide | IRSHELL UsbHost/RemoteJoy Guide! |

Even if it's not my thread, I think that, upon registering, new members should be redirected to a "rules" page. Because, to be honest, all we did was put a check in the "Yes I am 13 or older" box, and hit OK.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Marshmallow_Gurl's Avatar
    Guess what... I OPENED MY PSP bATTery Wooohooooo

Texas Hellboy PSP Elite Hacker xavis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow_Gurl View Post
    Guess what... I OPENED MY PSP bATTery Wooohooooo
    and you felt the need to say that here, why?

"I don't have an anger problem, I have a problem with idiots." - Hank Hill

CXMB Guide | IRSHELL UsbHost/RemoteJoy Guide! |

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Marshmallow_Gurl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xavis75211 View Post
    and you felt the need to say that here, why?
    Because im happy? lol

Senior Member I Modded My PSP OldSkooRebel's Avatar
    Nice guide. I was once a noob to this site but, I already new a lot about PSP's so I came to answer not to ask. I never did any of those, lol.
    PSPs Softmodded- 9
    PSPs Hardmodded- 3
    Wiis Modded- 1
    iPod Touches/iPhones Jailbroken-1

My Youtube Channel

Well...this is ironic...I should add thread hijacking.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Kaikz's Avatar
    Yes, thread hijacking, one of the worst things one can do on a forum.

Hmm, moved to Introduce Yourself and stickied. (if anyone disagrees, Mito, i know you will, just PM me or post in here)
    And this should be locked due to spam, but not yet.
    Last edited by iPenguin; 08-08-2009 at 08:08 PM.

Dan the man 10257 I Modded My PSP Danny10257's Avatar
    you should also add that a new members should not make a "thanks for the help" thread every time they get helped.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Phoenix Knight's Avatar
    and chicken. Something about chicken would be great.Or Marbles. Marbles are good
    "Pandora Battery, MMS, A jedi needs not these things"

Junior Member PSP User Shadowblade465's Avatar
    Hmm, even though this is sort of mentioned, maybe add that posts shouldn't be flagrantly mispelled/filled with horrible grammar?
    "Surrender to the randomness and recieve eternal happiness."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast