Thread: softwere version 5.51

1. #1 softwere version 5.51 
    Hii. i have purchase a new psp with softwere version 5.51 and what ever game I am trying to run it says unsupported format. I am not able to install any Custom Firmware also. Please help if possible.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Product F(RED)'s Avatar
    First off, which PSP? I'm assuming you're talking about the 3000. And what kind of games are you trying to run? If you're trying to run anything that's not on a UMD Disc, a demo, or downloaded from the PSN, it won't run.

AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0GHz | 4GB A-Data DDR2 RAM | Sparkle Nvidia GeForce 9400GT 512MB
    Intel Core i5 M430 2.27GHz | 4GB DDR3 RAM | Intel GMA HD

3. #3 same bout 
    hi. im also in the same bout as ali , i have 5.51 firmware and i need of some advice on were to start modding my psp, there are so many different ways and so many people saying things work and things dont work its so confusing i have no intention on putting my psp back to standard firmware but i dont want to be chopping batteries or taking my psp to bits, could anyone tell me the most used method and reliable please.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker DarkFoxSniper's Avatar
    If either of you have a 3K series PSP at 5.51 there is currently NO WAY to hack them.

Quote Originally Posted by iedwardsIII
    In the words of DFS, go die.

PSP Motherboard F.A.Q. Coldboot Tutorial

im not entirly sure if mine is a 3k series i have mine opened up now behind the battery it says . MODEL PSP-2003,
    any ideas. thanks

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker DarkFoxSniper's Avatar
    Then you have a 2K series and unfortunately your only option is Pandora and that is only IF YOUR PSP IS HACKABLE!!

Quote Originally Posted by iedwardsIII
    In the words of DFS, go die.

PSP Motherboard F.A.Q. Coldboot Tutorial

and by the sounds of the last post there aint no way to find out unless u try it.
    do i need to change my firmware before i put the pandora bat in or can i still do everything i need to do with the pandora one in
    thanks
    Last edited by Adamantine; 08-12-2009 at 05:33 PM.

Is it a special edition model? And tell us when you bought it and/or what firmware came on it when you bought it.

AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0GHz | 4GB A-Data DDR2 RAM | Sparkle Nvidia GeForce 9400GT 512MB

yea its the crysis core special edition bought it about 1 an half years ago, i really cant remember the firmware that was on it sorry.
    thanks

Yes, it's pandorable.

nice one. thanks for that, jus a couple of things i'd like to know before i start
    1. do you need 2 batteries (1 being a pandora, the other a normal battery that goes in after you have put firmware on)
    2. i have a 4gb stick can i use that to put the firmware on then format again after its all on and put files,games,films etc back on or do i need 2 cards aswell.
    much appreciated

1) If you softmod a pandora (with an already-hacked PSP), you can convert it between normal and pandora. As long as its softmodded, there's always a way to turn it back to normal, so you could do it with 1 battery. (Softmodding is turning it into a Pandora through software. Hardmodding is cutting open the battery).

2) If you use the memory stick with a normal battery, it's a normal memory stick. I wouldn't recommend deleting the files on there if you don't know what you're doing. Also, you should leave them on there just incase you need them.

well i just ordered the pandora battery from the shop i dont fancy choppin mine up and i will still have to wait for the replacement one either way, i guess il have to wait for that, i take it once the firmware is on i keep the memory stick in and replace the pandora battery with my original one then.

You can use a different memory stick afterwards. And you can use the one you used to hack your PSP as a regular one as well, without deleting the files off of it. Depending on how the pandora you bought was made, you can even turn that into a normal battery.

thanks again i will let you know how it goes should be here b4 end of next week i'll keep in touch theres a few other things i would like to know but they can wait for the time being. thanks again guys appreciate the work everyone and you have put into this site.