Thread: New psp turning on in the community

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 New psp turning on in the community 
    Hi! I've just joined this community. DUH!

Ok, ok , sorry, I never know how to begin introductory posts... not that I write all that many...

Ermm.... Ok so I joined the community (a rare thing in itself since I'm not much into forums but this kinda got my attention) mainly because it just seems soo cool and so helpful for those in the psp world.

I already read a few 'rules' sticky posts and I agree with them and I'll try to keep in line with them. I promise

Ok, so I got my PSP just this week, and although is old and everything (a friend sold it to me) I like it, and I have the intention of getting the most out of it.

I got it mainly to be able to play the PSP final fantasy games (I'm a final fantasy lover) and to watch movies in it when I travel (which is very often). I was looking for a cool theme to add to it when I came across a really good one from Serial Experiments Lain. But it was really old and after all the time it took me to find the downloadable version I found out my firmware version was waaaay newer than the version intended by that theme.

Google took me digging the PSP underworld of cfws and flash0 and pandora and magic memory sticks... and I found this forum. I can't even remember how I got here or looking for what. But the minute I took a look at the page I thought 'I want to register and become part of the community'.

Not just because of downloads or guides (although I must confess I'm seriously looking for honest, trustful advices and reliable company on the road of modding my psp) but because it is a psp community and it seems serious enough to be fun.

So.. there you go. My bible on how I got here and what am I doing here.

My nickname is Lain (my friends call me Lainey) and I'm glad I found this place.

Thanks for reading!

The King Of Chinatown PSP Elite Hacker Geek's Avatar
    what is your firmware and do you have a fat, slim, or 3k

I'm not a pirate. I am a 21st century Che liberating files from the capitalist overlords.
    How to check if you can mod your PSP

Thanks MZ for a sleek sig!

Senior Asshole PSP Elite Hacker cowboycalstar's Avatar
    A New Challenger Has Arrived!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Geek9 View Post
    what is your firmware and do you have a fat, slim, or 3k
    Hi Geek9, Thank you for replying.

I have a firmware 3.73 as stated in my info and my psp is fat but cool
    When we are no longer able to change a situation - we are challenged to change ourselves.”

Senior Member I Modded My PSP EngrishKiller's Avatar
    I accept your challenge.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    You have a fat. I'm so jealous

I want one, you can do so many cool things with it.
    DO YOU LIKE BOOBIES?!?!?!?!?

For all your PSP hacking, game downloading, music sharing needs. Click here.
    Christianity

The belief that a cosmic Jewish zombie can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him he can be your master, so he can remove an evil force present in your soul because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.....yeah, makes perfect sense.

Remember Reach PSP Mad Hacker Fanryu's Avatar
    Well, my recommendation is to download the updater to get to 5.00 CFW, then you can download custom themes for that CFW. I have a few really nice Bleach themes I made myself, and a few FF Dissidia themes I found on the internet. Basically all you have to do is Google: CTF themes 5.00, most sites give you the plugin for it, and the files themselves. It should be easy enough to find.

Quote Originally Posted by KhAoSxChAoS View Post
    Well, my recommendation is to download the updater to get to 5.00 CFW, then you can download custom themes for that CFW. I have a few really nice Bleach themes I made myself, and a few FF Dissidia themes I found on the internet. Basically all you have to do is Google: CTF themes 5.00, most sites give you the plugin for it, and the files themselves. It should be easy enough to find.
    Thank you for the recommendation KhAoSxChAoS... it gives me a place to start: The target CFW.
    When we are no longer able to change a situation - we are challenged to change ourselves.”

Remember Reach PSP Mad Hacker Fanryu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lucylain View Post
    Thank you for the recommendation KhAoSxChAoS... it gives me a place to start: The target CFW.
    No problem.

10. #10 Thanks! 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitochondria View Post
    Round 1! Fight!

On a side note, use this guide.

[url]
    Sweet! I followed the guide you suggested and got it updated with no problems at first try.

After serious consideration and lots of reading... I decided to go for it and it pay. No bricking and psp is fully upgraded to 5.0 M33.

Thanks a lot!

The King Of Chinatown PSP Elite Hacker Geek's Avatar
    congratulations you are one of the few people around here who don't need help every few seconds, I think I like you

I'm not a pirate. I am a 21st century Che liberating files from the capitalist overlords.
    How to check if you can mod your PSP

Thanks MZ for a sleek sig!

I`m a new member too..

so you got the PSP fat..
    geez..
    that`s the cool psp..

13. #13 Yup a fat one 
    And so cool too.

After a few frustrating days googling stuff to no end, I finally found the way to make my psp truly mine by adding some cool themes and now I'm able to play all the games I want, including FF 7, 8 and 9 so... I'm pleasantly surprised of all the stuff I've been able to do with this little thing. I've heard lots of people at work selling theirs.. but I think that's because they don't grasp the whole potential of it. I'll tell ya... I won't sell mine in a long, looong time if I ever do.

I just love it!

Next challenge... create my own psp theme. I'll let you all know how did it go.

Member PSP User
    congratulation on modding your psp will wait for your theme still haven't been able to do my yet so will buy another (psp)

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Smokexz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Taelfael101 View Post
    You have a fat. I'm so jealous

I want one, you can do so many cool things with it.
    HAHA, dude if you want one I could give you 1 or 30....

ALL my gamestops have at least 10 PHAT PSPs... I was on the hunt for SLIM and yet you are lookin for PHAT? lmao.

I seriously can get ya one tho xD.
    i am an idiot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast