Thread: MHFUTyro says Hello

1. #1 MHFUTyro says Hello 
    I had recently bought my psp within this month. I was playing around a bit with official release 6.00 . My is the Darth Vader model of the slim. I ordered my pandora battery to mod it from here. I know it can't be soft-modded. I own a grand total of 4 games for my psp. Those games are: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (gotta love capcom), Disgaea 2, FF7(from the psn store), and FF: Dissidia. I have been gaming since the NES and Atari. I like the old school games more than most. I hate what most newer games have done with toning down the difficulty levels. I also have a very limited few questions left AFTER reading the forum and perusing it. The few questions are as follows: Will I be able to play those games with custom firmware? I truly want the emulation more on my psp for mere fact it'd finally make my travel gaming smaller than my labtop. I use a mac with os x. I also use crossover application to run a few limited pc programs. I hope to learn more about my psp and open doors once my pandora and mms from this store/forum arrives. I must say I like the psn store with the update of 6.00 considering that psn japan already has ff8 available to them not just ff7. I own the psx disks themselves, but have no way to truly rip them down. I would prefer to buy them from the store, and would wonder if I could still access the psn store with my psp after changing to custom firmware? I am sorry if I seem full of questions, but throwing this out to public since I couldn't figure out the best place to put it, except introduction, as I got a somewhat solid grasp on basics, just a few questions left.

The King Of Chinatown PSP Elite Hacker Geek's Avatar
    FF Dissidia, MHFU will work on 5.00m33-6, Disgaea 2 apparently doesn't work on any cfw atm, but you could always just run the cfw off your memory stick using your pandora if you wanted to play the UMD that bad as for the FF7 and 8, make your mms and then install hellcat's recovery flasher v1.6 on it this will let you backup your PSN license before you install cfw, that way you can just restore it and your games should work.

I'm not a pirate. I am a 21st century Che liberating files from the capitalist overlords.
    How to check if you can mod your PSP

Thanks MZ for a sleek sig!

I see, and thanks for the heads up. I'll test them out as they are on my memory stick when I install cfw. I don't see why they wouldn't work with the cfw unless there is something new with the psp 6.00 firmware supporting psx emulation that the previous one didn't do. I just will backup my entire card to my computer first with copy and pasting the current card before upgrading to the cfw. That should do the trick to allow for lots of testing out of the limitations, but hopefully soon a new firmware will be released to allow playing of disgaea, until then I'll be stuck going between ofw and ofc then unless I do like you suggest and use a umd ripper from the ofc. That would most likely do the trick. Couldn't I also use the pandora battery in reverse to turn back the ofc to get rid of it, and just upgrade normally?