Thread: PSP Slim 2006 5.03MHU MOD

1. #1 PSP Slim 2006 5.03MHU MOD 
    Hi guys can you help me out, i just recently buy psp slim 2006 5.03 MHU and went on some modding store, it did mod but the problem is when you turn it off or remove the battery the mod is gone and i have to set it again like the technician gave me guide on how to restore it when it happens, is there any other method on how to mod my psp on even when you turn it off/take out battery the mod will still be there. please can some one help me on this one. thanks guys..

is there any way to determine what my mothereboard is besides on what is state on that post you show me?

yah just like what the technician said to me to stay it on sleep mode, i hope i can find something that will make my mod permanent

Texas Hellboy PSP Elite Hacker xavis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mhiles06 View Post
    yah just like what the technician said to me to stay it on sleep mode, i hope i can find something that will make my mod permanent
    you can, depending on what mobo you have

"I don't have an anger problem, I have a problem with idiots." - Hank Hill

CXMB Guide | IRSHELL UsbHost/RemoteJoy Guide! |

5. #5 Need help from our senior expert hackers!! 
    I just bought the same PSP as mhiles06.
    PSP Ident shows mine as TA-088v3, but it is also a slim v2.2.
    So now I'm concerned whether or not I will be able to play newer game dumps (Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, Motorstorm - Arctic Edge and Assasins ceed when its out) coz I read that they can only be patched (with decryptor v2) and played on CFW 5.5 Gen-B, in which case I found out from preciouspsp.blogspot that psp 2000 v2s can be upgraded to 5.5 Gen-B. On the other hand if I upgrade to OFW5.5, then there's no going back anywhere and I'm stuck.

So please help me figure out... do I have to stick to my UMDs for the newer games or can I upgrade my PSP 2006 v2.2 into 5.5 Gen-B, or will 5.03 Gen-A ever be modified or fixed so that it can play the newer games for us unlucky TA-088v3 owners.

Thanks in Advance!!
    Last edited by mowla; 10-05-2009 at 07:52 PM.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker danos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mowla View Post
    I just bought the same PSP as mhiles06.
    PSP Ident shows mine as TA-088v3, but it is also a slim v2.2.
    So now I'm concerned whether or not I will be able to play newer game dumps (Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, Motorstorm - Arctic Edge and Assasins ceed when its out) coz I read that they can only be patched (with decryptor v2) and played on CFW 5.5 Gen-B, in which case I found out from preciouspsp.blogspot that psp 2000 v2s can be upgraded to 5.5 Gen-B. On the other hand if I upgrade to OFW5.5, then there's no going back anywhere and I'm stuck.

So please help me figure out... do I have to stick to my UMDs for the newer games or can I upgrade my PSP 2006 v2.2 into 5.5 Gen-B, or will 5.03 Gen-A ever be modified or fixed so that it can play the newer games for us unlucky TA-088v3 owners.

Thanks in Advance!!
    if you mobo is ta-088v3 you cant go to 5.50 gen-b, you will have to make a choice between homebrew and umds and if you go up to ofw to play umds there is currently no method to go back down
    Red Slim ofw 3.93 > ofw 5.02 > cfw 3.80m33-5 > cfw 5.00m33-4 > cfw 5.00m33-6
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/psp-mis...-hackable.html
    A wise man once said common sense is not that common

http://www.pspmod.com/forums/psp-fir...sp-any-fw.html

Thanks for the help danos!... By the way, can we expect any possible fixes on the 5.03 Gen-A for playing newer games soon???

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker danos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mowla View Post
    Thanks for the help danos!... By the way, can we expect any possible fixes on the 5.03 Gen-A for playing newer games soon???
    maybe i have seen that they found a new exploit that works on all psps (including go) up to firmware 6.10 but i dont know if a HEN will be made for it
    Red Slim ofw 3.93 > ofw 5.02 > cfw 3.80m33-5 > cfw 5.00m33-4 > cfw 5.00m33-6
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/psp-mis...-hackable.html
    A wise man once said common sense is not that common

http://www.pspmod.com/forums/psp-fir...sp-any-fw.html

Quote Originally Posted by danos View Post
    maybe i have seen that they found a new exploit that works on all psps (including go) up to firmware 6.10 but i dont know if a HEN will be made for it
    Thanx Danos! But I'm out of worries now, because your words just made me change my old PSP 2000 v3 for a v1!...