Thread: Hello PSP Peeps!

1. #1 Hello PSP Peeps! 
    DF!
    Hi all.

As a new member I thought it only right to deliver a intro message.. so here goes!

I'm very new to the PSP scene having just had an import (jap) gifted to me by a chappy i work with . He can't get the games to play and so has two others on OFW which suits him fine.

I'm 33 years young, have a 4 year old son (and an 18 month old son who's way too young to 'game') who has got bang into his console action (infact he's obsessed with Starwars the Force Unleashed - and is not bad at it either!) - Anyway, the PSP is 'mainly' for him, but i recon i may have to have a play too! (You know how it is!!!)

The free PSP is a 1000 (I think) and is running CFW 3.71 M33-4, I want to learn more and be able to get this PSP to do as it's told..... so here I am.

I also ride motorbikes, love custom cars (currently a converted VW T4), do DIY (), use a PS3 and a Wii, won't grow up (apparently) and have a BEng (Hons) in Polymer Science (yawn) which I never use as I moved industry 3 years ago. lol.

I am prone to stupid questions at times, but won't ask them twice (promise!), so anyway, It's nice to 'meet' you all.... Hope you have a nice day! (if you're still awake!!!)

DF!

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Jccage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DF! View Post
    Hi all.

As a new member I thought it only right to deliver a intro message.. so here goes!

I'm very new to the PSP scene having just had an import (jap) gifted to me by a chappy i work with . He can't get the games to play and so has two others on OFW which suits him fine.

I'm 33 years young, have a 4 year old son (and an 18 month old son who's way too young to 'game') who has got bang into his console action (infact he's obsessed with Starwars the Force Unleashed - and is not bad at it either!) - Anyway, the PSP is 'mainly' for him, but i recon i may have to have a play too! (You know how it is!!!)

The free PSP is a 1000 (I think) and is running CFW 3.71 M33-4, I want to learn more and be able to get this PSP to do as it's told..... so here I am.

I also ride motorbikes, love custom cars (currently a converted VW T4), do DIY (), use a PS3 and a Wii, won't grow up (apparently) and have a BEng (Hons) in Polymer Science (yawn) which I never use as I moved industry 3 years ago. lol.

I am prone to stupid questions at times, but won't ask them twice (promise!), so anyway, It's nice to 'meet' you all.... Hope you have a nice day! (if you're still awake!!!)

DF!
    If you wanted to do more with the Psp, The basic things you may be intrested in is playing backed up games on there {might be a good idea for you, as you may have a child messing around with the games and they could get damaged} as well as you can play emulators, such as super nintendo etc. as well as a load of other stuff!

And welcome to Pspmod.
    Hacking Basics, And how to do it. Click here.

DF!
    Hi jccage, nice to 'meet' you...

That certainly does sound like a massive bonus and a pretty good reason for CFW. I'm happy with CFW, just need to understand it..

I have posted another thread in the CFW forum axplaining my 'games' issue, hope you get time to have a look...

'See' you within...

Homebrew Creator PSP Elite Hacker Mobster's Avatar
    Welcome to pspmod! hope you learn a lot
    Left4Quake donation complete!

Left 4 Dead on PSP!

Member PSP User
    hi there DF!, there are lots of up's about PSP consoles and a few downs, Downs are that CFW (custom firmware) voids your warrenty, BUT there are many up's about CFW like as stated backing up games.
    If you do have a PSP 1000 (phat) then you should get an App called IRSHELL the latest that works for phat is 4.9, IRSHELL is basicly an offline portal that "gives you the power" to control anything Infared! i control my RC heli and my TV with it (very entertaining for when i babysit kids!)

but anyway, PSP's dont stop at software. You can modify your PSP with LED's and all sorts mods.

Also, CFW 3.71m33-4 is quite old and the latest is: 5.50gen-d3 which allows you to play games that require OFW over 6.20

Wellcome to the PSP world
    Last edited by Black Fire; 12-21-2009 at 11:02 PM. Reason: SPelling
    When life hands you lemons:
    1. Thow them back and complain grape juice is more popular.
    2. Make lemonade, earn money, and buy a house eg. a cardboard box
    3. Trow your lemons at people
    4. Get an idea for a lemon show called 'Super Happy Invinsible Tangerine, otherwise known as: S.H.I.T