Thread: Hello Everyone!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Hello Everyone! 
    Hello! I'm a half noob to PSP modding. (Born again noob?)
    I have not owned a PSP since the good ol days of 1.5, where Pandora batteries were brand spanking new, but unneeded to me. After I had a mishap with my old PSP involving a bad wifi switch and broken analog, (and partly from getting bored of it), I decided to move on, but I guess now I'm back into the whole PSP thing.

At the university I go to, there was a used game stand run by some douche. He was selling a modded phat PSP for 110 with no memory card so I asked, hey, since this is just a PSP by itself, why don't we just call it 100. With a smartass attitude he responds "Sure, but I'm gonna take the mod off of it then." Yeah. Rather than just doing nothing and selling me the PSP, he wanted to do more work just to gain the satisfaction of knowing that I, a customer to his small business, would get less for paying less. Not the money, the principle, I thought, so I told him I'd be back from the bank with the money. Lost an easy sale.

ANYWAYS I guess I'm rambling. Bought a different phat PSP used from ebgames (I know, I know...) for a hundred bucks with tax. Guess I pay for peace of mind knowing that the thing will at least work.

I'm really thankful for this site and it's guides posted by the great people, and hope it will help me even more in the future with the wonders of PSP modding!

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker DarkFoxSniper's Avatar
    Welcome to PSPMOD..if it's a phat then your luck there is ALWAYS one sure way to hack those(Pandora)..let us know what Firmware it's on.

Quote Originally Posted by iedwardsIII
    In the words of DFS, go die.

PSP Motherboard F.A.Q. Coldboot Tutorial

Hey, thanks.

I've actually tried ordering my pandora battery from wholesale elite last night, hope they'll ship it soon. As for the firmware, I have a 3.4.

Elite Bullshitter PSP Elite Hacker Jubbabubba's Avatar
    While you wait for your Pandora, you can use the third link in my sig to try an install cfw on your psp.

It can be a pain to get ChickHen running on a 1k, but it'll give you something to do while you wait. A Pandora battery is still always good to have around incase you ever brick your psp.

Ah, thanks for the advice! So this ChickHen is the homebrew enabler that needs to be reenabled after each power down?

Yup, but.. Once you have ChickHen installed, you run Hellcat's Recovery flasher to install 5.00m33-6 cfw which is permanent. You'll no longer need ChickHen after that.

You can install perm cfw since you have a psp 1000.

Hm, interesting. So theoretically, I don't really even need a Pandora battery, but it's just a "nice to have" as a failsafe for if my PSP bricks?

Yup yup. Pandora just makes things easier when it comes to installing cfw as well.

If the 1k was above 5.03 firmware you'd need a Pandora either way.

Sounds great, if I could just get ChickHen to run xD. I'll keep trying. How many tries has it taken some people?
    EDIT: Um, whoops? Was I supposed to update to 5.03 first?
    Last edited by linkthe2nd; 02-15-2010 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by linkthe2nd View Post
    Sounds great, if I could just get ChickHen to run xD. I'll keep trying. How many tries has it taken some people?
    EDIT: Um, whoops? Was I supposed to update to 5.03 first?
    Yes ChickHEN is ONLY for 5.03.

Yeah you need to go to 5.03 -> ChickHen -> Hellcat's.

Takes some people over 100 trys, which is why Pandora is often the preferred choice. :P

Make sure you read everything though. Restore default settings, Remove any umd, turn off umd auto load all help the chances of it running.

Well, with my cruddy connection, I'll have the 5.03 in 20 minutes, and I'll have to hope I get lucky at the beginning. Sounds exciting that I might not have to wait until AFTER Chinese new years and AFTER the seller decides to ship it to enjoy modding X3 Thanks for your help!

Well as Jubbabubba said restore default settings, remove any umd, turn off umd auto load all help the chances of it running...let us know how it goes.

Sweet! After running it, I got it done within the second try. Now I'm in the process of trying to get d3 installed.

Install 5.00m33-6 using Hellcat's then from there you can install 5.50 Gen-D3.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast