Thread: Hi there

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Hi there 
    Junior Member PSP User
    HI there, im new to the psp hacking world lol

i have a 1003 psp and wanting to play snes, GBA etc emulators and roms. i have followed the whole guide about the chickHen and 5.50 gen d3 but im having no success 8-(

have i got to let the egg... tiff file load on my psp screen ?? i can get to appear as a thumbnail. then when i get of the recovery flasher and 5.00 firmware it says game is corrupt on the flasher

i really want this to work??

any body help

Paul

p.s i hope all this make sense lol

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    ChickHEN is notoriously difficult to get going on a PHAT but try this...

*Ensure that your PSP is running 5.03OFW - Settings>System Settings>Sytem Information>System Software – (should be) 5.03 – If so move to ChickHEN

IF NOT

*Your battery should be at least 75% charged (I plug in the AC charger too)
    *Extract the “PSP_Firmware_503.RAR” on your PC and contained should be a file named "Eboot.pbp".
    *Format your MS via your PSP Settings>System Settings> Format Memory Stick.
    *Connect the USB to the PSP and then Create a New Folder named UPDATE in the GAME folder in the PSP folder on the root of the MS - it should look like this MS0:\PSP\GAME\UPDATE
    *Place the Eboot.pbp in the UPDATE folder
    *Close the USB Connection
    *Run the update using your PSP and after it’s completed it will reboot
    *That should upgrade your PSP to Official Firmware 5.03

ChickHEN (Use the original ChickHEN R2)

*Reset the PSP to factory defaults
    *Turn off UMD AutoStart and Cache (Where applicable)
    *Set Themes/Background etc to ORIGINAL
    *Set UMD charge and AUTO CONNECT to OFF (Varies from Phats to Brites)
    *Some say that on the PHATS the screen brightness should be on the lowest setting
    *Some also say set the Language to ENGLISH and the Character Set to US(437) This is for Japanese PSP’s

*Backup your MS – Specifically Game Saves
    *Format MS (many claim that the smaller (512m / 1g / 2g) original cards work best)
    *Rename the MPROOT folder to ‘MSROOT’
    *Extract “ChickHENR2.RAR” Open the Slim/Phat (depending on your model) folder and copy the ChickHEN folder contained to the MS0:\PSP\PHOTO folder
    *Place a copy of the “h.bin” file extracted earlier on the ROOT of the MS as well as in the MSROOT folder (changed earlier)
    *ENSURE THAT THERE ARE NO OTHET PICS OR PHOTOS ON THE MS
    *IF YOU ENCOUNTER PROBLEMS (Doesn’t work after the 10th try etc)
    *Some say copy 3 more versions of the pictures of the Eggs into the ChickHEN folder and rename “e”,”f” and “g”
    *Some say scroll down to the last image while they load but don’t click X on it (never works for me on either the 2k or 3k)

NOW

*Fully switch off the PSP (not sleep – hold up the power button for +-7 sec)
    *Restart and immediately scroll to PHOTO in the XMB and select MS\ChickHEN – When the thumbnail loads – press X – Nothing else!
    *Funky ‘Green’ screen ensues and Auto-Restart
    IF
    *The screen freezes and it Auto-Shuts down but not Restart – Unsuccessful so return to step “Scroll to PHOTO\MS\ChickHEN – etc”
    *To check the ChickHEN’s establishment on the PSP look in Settings>System Settings>Sytem Information>System Software – (should be) 5.03 ChickHenR2
    and if so move ahead to running Hellcats

IF NOT

*Fully switch off the PSP (not sleep – hold up the power button for +-7 sec)
    *Restart and immediately scroll to PHOTO in the XMB and select MS\ChickHEN – When the thumbnail loads – press X – Nothing else!
    *Funky ‘Green’ screen ensues and Auto-Restart

IF NOT

*Go back to the start of the ChickHEN section of this tutorial and start again (some say booting the PSP while Holding the ‘R’ trigger and continuing to hold it while installing ChickHEN increases the success rate – Unconfirmed)

Quote Originally Posted by tomaversa View Post

Hmmmm, lets think here....

You dropped it on the floor, and now its having problems.....

What could possibly be the reason for these problems?!?!?!

I'm stumped

WHY DID THE ChickHEN CROSS THE ROAD??? TO GET TO THE DARKSIDE!!!

Junior Member PSP User
    mate ive got to say you are brill. i got this to work 1st time on this guide, thank you so much

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    No problems glad to have helped - have you got 5.00m33-6 installed? have you upgraded to the 5.50GEN-D3 CFW yet?

Quote Originally Posted by tomaversa View Post

Hmmmm, lets think here....

You dropped it on the floor, and now its having problems.....

What could possibly be the reason for these problems?!?!?!

I'm stumped

WHY DID THE ChickHEN CROSS THE ROAD??? TO GET TO THE DARKSIDE!!!

Junior Member PSP User
    yea ive got 5.00 m33-6 installed, but the thing is some of the emulaters lag/skip a lot like the N64 one only runs at 9fps but is this normal?? plus do you know of the best mega drive, snes and n64

im currently running
    Dgen 0.70 cuz i cuz get any other to work
    snes9x tyl thats running great
    daedalus x64 beta 2 dont run to good of some games

Junior Member PSP User
    just been doin a little bit of google'in and found picodrive work a lot better, cant find a good N64 tho

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Jccage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_dicko View Post
    just been doin a little bit of google'in and found picodrive work a lot better, cant find a good N64 tho
    Don't get the N64 emulator. The frame rate is horrible, it ain't worth it. The updates are making it better, but to my knowledge its still not working fully yet.
    Hacking Basics, And how to do it. Click here.

Junior Member PSP User
    ooo ok thanks for the reply, good to know. i might leave it then until they have sorted it

Junior Member PSP User
    ok then NEW PROBLEM i think i have bricked my PSP. i was trying to change the theme on the PSP so i followed these instructions
    1: Turn off PSP (hold off buffon for 5-10 sec)
    2: Turn back on while holding the R button
    3: You have now entered the Recovery menu, go to advanced > Toggle USB (flash0)
    4: NOW VERY IMPORTANT MAKE A COMPLETE BACKUP OF FLASH 0!!
    5: Save the backup of the FLASH 0 somewhere on your computer (DONT DELETE IT)
    6: NOw swap the files found in the Theme folders with files existing in VSH\Resources and Font
    7: Press Back on the PSP menu
    8: Press Exit on the PSP menu
    9: If your PSP boots with a error, first try to go to theme menu: change to another color (if this dont work: return to step1). if it dont boot at all. Return to Step 1 and do over again with the backup of Flash 0..

this worked fine

but then the them didnt work some i tried to put the orignal file bad but the jpn0.pgf would go back on 8( so i decided maybe it would be alright without it. know im getting a blue screen saying "Setting information is corrupted. Press O to repair etc" i keep pressing O and it just loops round and round

HELP!!

PS it WONT let me enter recovery menu
    Last edited by paul_dicko; 02-23-2010 at 11:12 PM.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    ok then NEW PROBLEM i think i have bricked my PSP. i was trying to change the theme on the PSP so i followed these instructions
    1: Turn off PSP (hold off buffon for 5-10 sec)
    2: Turn back on while holding the R button
    3: You have now entered the Recovery menu, go to advanced > Toggle USB (flash0)
    4: NOW VERY IMPORTANT MAKE A COMPLETE BACKUP OF FLASH 0!!
    5: Save the backup of the FLASH 0 somewhere on your computer (DONT DELETE IT)
    6: NOw swap the files found in the Theme folders with files existing in VSH\Resources and Font
    7: Press Back on the PSP menu
    8: Press Exit on the PSP menu
    9: If your PSP boots with a error, first try to go to theme menu: change to another color (if this dont work: return to step1). if it dont boot at all. Return to Step 1 and do over again with the backup of Flash 0..

this worked fine

but then the them didnt work some i tried to put the orignal file bad but the jpn0.pgf would go back on 8( so i decided maybe it would be alright without it. know im getting a blue screen saying "Setting information is corrupted. Press O to repair etc" i keep pressing O and it just loops round and round

HELP!!

PS it WONT let me enter recovery menu
    Pandora + MMS is the only way to fix this. Also custom themes like this ONLY work on M33.

Member PSP User
    hello...

are tou sure of it, bigBoss? i don't have pandora or or M33 CFW, and i can perfectly run CTF's, at this moment i'm using the Xbox 360 blades...

Did i misunderstand something?
    Last edited by Edward_FFS; 02-23-2010 at 11:46 PM.

Junior Member PSP User
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbossVII View Post
    Pandora + MMS is the only way to fix this. Also custom themes like this ONLY work on M33.
    ok cheers for the quick reply

will i be able to make my own pandora's battery and mms like in the guides to save money ???

Quote Originally Posted by Edward_FFS View Post
    hello...

are tou sure of it, bigBiss? i don't have pandora or M33 CFW, and i can perfectly run CTF's, at this moment i'm using the Xbox 360 blades...

Did i misunderstand something?
    Care to explain?

He probably did it wrong, but anything dealing with FLASH0 is pretty dangerous.

Member PSP User
    you got that right... don't take me wrong, but he is screwed... he can't even access the Recovery Menu... how can this be solved? if it can...

ok cheers for the quick reply

will i be able to make my own pandora's battery and mms like in the guides to save money ???
    Yeah. It may or may not work, but there should be like a 3 digit number on the back of you battery case. Google image that and there should be a pandora guide for it (Sony batteries only). You will eventually will have to replace it, it will do just fine for the moment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast