Thread: Hey

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Hey 
    Junior Member PSP User
    Hey how's it going, name is Chris and I've had my psp since it just about came out...Got the big boy, a psp1001. I literally got it as an 8th grade graduation present (19 yrs old now) played it a ton for about 6 months and ran out of good games to play...been out of the psp loop since then til about a couple weeks ago where i started looking for new good titles to get as i've been needing a handheld. I finally just decided I'd be best off probably figuring out how to just mod it...it's currently running system software 2.0 lol. Anyways, hello everyone hopefully learn a bit here.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    Well the easiest way to install CFW would be to upgrade to OFW5.03. When there you can install ChickHEN which will allow Hellcats Recovery Flasher to run which will install 5.00m33-6. From there you can upgrade to 5.50GEN-D3 which is the latest CFW!

Quote Originally Posted by tomaversa View Post

Hmmmm, lets think here....

You dropped it on the floor, and now its having problems.....

What could possibly be the reason for these problems?!?!?!

I'm stumped

WHY DID THE ChickHEN CROSS THE ROAD??? TO GET TO THE DARKSIDE!!!

Junior Member PSP User
    Cool, been looking for the simplest guide on here to follow, there seems to be quite a few on it!

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker
    yup or u could use xgen updater v5 to flash gen d3 after enabling chickhen.

you can follow this video tutorial

u need to update official firmware to 5.03 before u follow this tutorial

YouTube - How to install 5.50 GEN D3 without Pandora - PHAT

the download links are provided in the (more info)
    Last edited by Ninja88; 02-26-2010 at 07:39 AM.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/softwar...kable-2ks.html Will help you install ChickHEN and the rest is pretty straightforward - just follow the readme's

Quote Originally Posted by tomaversa View Post

Hmmmm, lets think here....

You dropped it on the floor, and now its having problems.....

What could possibly be the reason for these problems?!?!?!

I'm stumped

WHY DID THE ChickHEN CROSS THE ROAD??? TO GET TO THE DARKSIDE!!!

Junior Member PSP User
    Cool thanks guys...going to get to work on it and i'll let you know how everything is coming along...being kind of a bitch charging this thing up from 0%...seems like such a slow charge rate.

Senior Asshole PSP Elite Hacker cowboycalstar's Avatar
    At least toucan charge it. Something about the math seems wrong.

Junior Member PSP User
    just started with the youtube link that was posted here having trouble getting chickhen tiff to run instead of just locking up...going to keep trying i suppose.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    Quote Originally Posted by GushA View Post
    Well the easiest way to install CFW would be to upgrade to OFW5.03. When there you can install ChickHEN which will allow Hellcats Recovery Flasher to run which will install 5.00m33-6. From there you can upgrade to 5.50GEN-D3 which is the latest CFW!
    No, No, and No. Pandora + MMS is so easy your brain will ooze out of your ears. All you have to do is get a pandora battery and make a MMS with this and you are playing homebrew within 25 minutes tops.

EDIT: Xgen isn't the way to go either. It has been leaving people with black screens. Use Hellcats, and its all downhill from there.

Junior Member PSP User
    So i'm just going to be assuming i'll have chickhen work on its 100th try or so been going at it freezing and restarting for about 30 minutes now...haven't lost the faith.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker seagrtj's Avatar
    i understand the desire to get it hacked asap, but i have to agree with bigboss on this. regardless if you get HEN to work, order a pandora anyway for furture issues or just to have. for $6, it is worth it.

Junior Member PSP User
    well i'm not even completely sure about how exactly pandora+mms works...i read a little on it. I guess until i can get one i'll keep reading up on it while trying to hack it this way...best i can do for now.

well if you can insert a memory stick, hold a trigger down, and insert a battery.....you have the pandora/mms procedure down pat. it's all good bro, once you have done it with a pandora you will kick yourself for messing with HEN.

Junior Member PSP User
    Yeah after looking over it just for a few minutes I'm already wanting to kick myself until i can order one lol. chickhen is a damned pain in the ass...over an hour of restarting now. 40 bucks for the pandora+4g mms isnt bad anyhow...and if i turn out to be real lazy i can find a stick around here and use the mms creator linked above...all in good time i suppose, haven't played the thing in nearly 4 years anyhow...not in any rush still.

$40 is way to high. you can get the pandora from dealextreme.com for $6 and a memory stick from any reputable retail store for $20 or so. don't buy it from here, people say that they ship fake memory sticks. are you in the states? if so check out walmart online, the have a 8G for $20

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast