Thread: pls help me 5 month psp slim 2006 5.03 ckicken firmware had been brick, help pls

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    pls help me unbrick psp slim 2006 with 5.03 firmware ckcken firmware pls help

help me pls psp masters need advice 5 month old psp had been brick due to upgrade any help would be gladly appreciated
    Last edited by Slowman; 03-09-2010 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Don't double post.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker goku2778's Avatar
    any idea what your serial # is?? i'm guessing, just because you were running chickhen for 5 months, that your psp is not fully hackable...so give us your serial # and in the battery compartment, tell me the date code, should be 1 letter, 1 # like 8B or something.

how'd it brick anyway?

edit...calm down and don't double post yourself like that
    [CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by goku2778 View Post
    any idea what your serial # is?? i'm guessing, just because you were running chickhen for 5 months, that your psp is not fully hackable...so give us your serial # and in the battery compartment, tell me the date code, should be 1 letter, 1 # like 8B or something.

how'd it brick anyway?

edit...calm down and don't double post yourself like that
    sorry goku 2778. i upgrade it to gen d3 using memory stick all is running well up to the time it said press x or 0 to reboot. when i press the x button it just displayed a black screen and only the green light is power on

serial number HE0891431
    03-27401028-0891431-PSP 2006
    Last edited by Slowman; 03-09-2010 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Don't double post

ok...i need a little bit more, sorry lol...

take out your battery, look at the label underneath it...should have a serial # there along with the date code, very important right now.

my date code is 5D, look for something like that...i'm more concerned that you attempted to flash full custom firmware into a slim that isn't fully hackable.

edit...you can check this guide too for exactly what we need to see to find out if your psp was indeed hackable or unhackable

http://www.pspmod.com/forums/psp-mis...-hackable.html
    [CENTER]

is this the one IDA standard DB102988 sorry very new on this . i like to send the picture to you but i dont know how to post it at this thread

no that's not the one, but what about the date code??? you need a few more posts to post a link, but you can edit like:

http make it like h t t p and then the link should post and i'll edit it when i post it in the search tab on the browser.
    [CENTER]

hopping this would help you sir.

all of them here in the philippines they told me that i should the motherboard or i might as well change the cpu of my psp dont know what to do anymore. tried the pandora battey but it still dont work
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Slowman; 03-09-2010 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Don't double post.

hmmm, yours doesn't have the date code on it or the right serial # we need...do you have the box that came with it by any chance??

do you have any friends that have a phat psp (1000) that has been modified with a pandora battery/mms???

i think yours may have not been hackable, if that is the case, you can only submit it to sony for repairs...maybe someone else will chime in and see what they say, but based on all guides and your pic, i can't come to a 100% sure conclusion right now...

sorry
    [CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by jaypaguia View Post
    all of them here in the philippines they told me that i should the motherboard or i might as well change the cpu of my psp dont know what to do anymore. tried the pandora battey but it still dont work
    okkkkkkkkk, wait...what happened with the pandora battery and what magic stick did you use with it, like how was the stick made into a magic stick????

if you have the pandora, we can see if it's hackable or not, but need to know your mms you made on what program...
    [CENTER]

the box that came with this is at my nephew's house, because this is the psp of my nephew i just tried to upgrade this because my psp phat had been upgraded thru gen d3 by your tutorials which is great by the way. I'll post it once i have the box and them may be you could assit me. I am hopping that this would be unbricked because right now i would be turning over my psp to my nephew because of this incident

actually they just place the pandora battery and try to power on the unit. I dont think that they place a mms on it. everybody here told me that they cannot do it unless they relace the board or try replacing the cpu. I think it is just unfair, all they want is to spend more money on the repairs. But that is just a feeling of mine.

by tomorrow i'll be dropping from my a friend of mine who has a pandora battery, but i dont know what type of mms should i use. can you assist me with that master.
    Last edited by Slowman; 03-09-2010 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Don't triple post!

shit dude...thanks for the props on my guide, but you can use the 2nd guide in my sig for the magic stick and pandora operations on the slim as well...this will be the case, worst and best:

best...you make the mms on your phat like listed in my guide, then try the cfw installation process...you'll get the boot up menu and flash install 5.00m33-4 and then the psp is working again 100%.

worst...you make the mms on your phat like listed, then try the cfw installation, your psp slim will not show the boot up menu, black screen and green pwr led...if the boot up works on the phat and this happens on the slim, sorry to say but it was unhackable and now permanently bricked and needs to go to sony for repairs.

that's probably your best bet to do right now...that will tell you in fact if it's fixable or was in fact unhackable and needs sony.

edit...just saw your other posts...you can use your phat to do everything, making your battery into a pandora as well, just follow my gen guide and you'll be straight on that and then back to the conclusions of best/worst case.

make the mms 1st, then use either hellcats or psp tool to make your battery a pandora and back to normal again...it works really well, really easy and you won't do any harm to the phat by soft modding the battery....just make the mms 1st then go from there on the battery.

test everything on the phat 1st but do not flash it, you just want to make sure the pandora soft mod worked and the mms works properly...just get the cfw install menu up and then exit out on your phat...then try it fully on the slim
    Last edited by goku2778; 03-09-2010 at 12:48 PM.
    [CENTER]

i already tried making pandora battery via your teaching via 5.0 m33-6, i'll just ask if I could still make a pandora battery via gend 3 because right nw my psp phat is gend3. Your thread reall works i actuall upgraded my brothers psp phat and my friends psp slim but i dont the version of my friends slim but it actually works, but unfortunately when i use it with my nephews psp, this happened, that is why i am looking for a solution for this problem. If I tried bringing my nephews psp to a sony service station can i still upgrade this via your programs?. And lastly is this true should i replace the motherboard or the cpu with this psp because right now I dont know which is which is true

Quote Originally Posted by jaypaguia View Post
    i already tried making pandora battery via your teaching via 5.0 m33-6, i'll just ask if I could still make a pandora battery via gend 3 because right nw my psp phat is gend3. Your thread reall works i actuall upgraded my brothers psp phat and my friends psp slim but i dont the version of my friends slim but it actually works, but unfortunately when i use it with my nephews psp, this happened, that is why i am looking for a solution for this problem. If I tried bringing my nephews psp to a sony service station can i still upgrade this via your programs?. And lastly is this true should i replace the motherboard or the cpu with this psp because right now I dont know which is which is true
    make the mms 1st, then use either hellcats or psp tool to make your battery a pandora and back to normal again...it works really well, really easy and you won't do any harm to the phat by soft modding the battery....just make the mms 1st then go from there on the battery.

test everything on the phat 1st but do not flash it, you just want to make sure the pandora soft mod worked and the mms works properly...just get the cfw install menu up and then exit out on your phat...then try it fully on the slim

works just the same as it did on 5.00m33
    Last edited by goku2778; 03-09-2010 at 01:40 PM.
    [CENTER]

Modder Of The Dark Arts PSP Elite Hacker R()H@X's Avatar
    you can also try my guide:1st link in my signature.most problems people have with using some makers is if they are running windows vista.as far as i found out my guide works the best to pass the vista dilema problem and get you running back to any custom firmware.if everyone elses guides fails and so does mine then if your sure its a hackable you mightve nand bricked.if you nand bricked and didnt dump your nand ahead of time,then its unfixable.nand bricked are really hard to come by though.you have to be messing with your flash files themselves harshly to get a nand brick.
    good luck to you!

i'm really thinking it was unhackable...but he's used my guide before for others so he should be ok with the mms/pandora processes, it's seeing if that 2000 is indeed hackable or not...

i use vista too, never had an issue but i do concur with your guides in the fullest and think they are very good...
    [CENTER]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast