Thread: New Here :)

1. #1 New Here :) 
    Hi I'm Kalani
    I'm actually new to PSPs in general and have yet to purchase a psp. (I did my research and decided to go with a psp 1000) I've wanted to get a psp and mod it to play my PS1 games for years. (they look really bad on large lcd tvs )
    There's so much information on this forum that I feel like its really not that hard.

(I also own a Nintendo DS, Xbox 360, and a Wii with plans to purchase a ps3 later on this year....none modded of course)

Financially Raped PSP Elite Hacker thesexyone's Avatar
    hi girl / guy with strangely strange hawaiinish name, sup

and that's great that you made your research, most people would come ask for the questions "please give me details step by step cuz im a noob"style. there's a guide to hack in my sig, as well as how to play psx games. enjoy your time here and plz forgive the absence of the chatbox. it's still down >_>

when looking for your 1k, try to get one that's on firmware 5.03 or less so you won't need pandora eh
    TRY PSP HACKING FOR DUMMIES!
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/sony-ps...tml#post514825

...even a noob like you can click the link...

lol I guess I should mention that I'm a girl. (Kalani is a "net" nickname I've been using for several years...my WoW Shaman's name)

I'm finding the guides very useful

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker seagrtj's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thesexyone View Post
    when looking for your 1k, try to get one that's on firmware 5.03 or less so you won't need pandora eh
    I agree with TSO, but I would also like to add that you would be wise to purchase the pandora from dealextreme.com now anyway. It is a very good tool to have in case you do brick your psp, also comes in handy when friends want their psp hacked. they are only $6 and free shipping. it takes a couple weeks to get it, since your in no big hurry it doesn't matter. if you do get a 1000 above 5.03 you will already have the pandora order in process and will be happy that you did.

here is the link
    DealExtreme: $6.10 PSP Unbricker Pandora Battery for PSP 1000/2000 (1800mAh/3.6V)

i just purchased a psp 1001 for 30 bucks on craigslist. it in great shape to. the main thing is when buying from there is that you can't trust ANYTHING people say. look it over yourself. if they say it turns on but they dont have a power supply beat them up on the price or walk away. but in my opinion CL is the way to go if you want it chheap.oh yeah and it came with a 4 gig stick

I bought myself a psp! Its on 6.0 firmware but since its a 1000, that shouldn't be a problem. (It was used from Gamestop)

I still have to get a pandora now.

Financially Raped PSP Elite Hacker thesexyone's Avatar
    yep yep yeppers
    TRY PSP HACKING FOR DUMMIES!
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/sony-ps...tml#post514825

...even a noob like you can click the link...

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    Welcome yo.. Just make sure to read the rules ma'am