Thread: That Guy

1. #1 That Guy 
    hey,
    I'm just getting into PSPs, I'm actually deployed to Afghanistan and trying to keep occupied when I find some time off. I have a PSP 1001 running 5.55 FW. However I have no idea what that really means other than apparently the PSP is hackable. I'm working on learning so if I ask dumb questions I apologize. Fortunately I pick up on things pretty quick. I'm lookin forward to talking with every one.

Matt (ArmyLife1)

Is that a whale?! PSP Elite Hacker fuckingclassy's Avatar
    You will need a Pandora Battery and Magic Memory Stick (MMS for short). There's an endless amount of guides on this hack, what OS are the PCs out there running? There's different instructions for different OS.

EDIT: http://www.pspmod.com/forums/psp-har...g-redoing.html

That guide is the standard guide. It's a little outdated, but it still works. You'll just have to update again following the procedure.

Last edited by fuckingclassy; 06-09-2010 at 08:07 PM. Reason: Posted a guide.
    Nintendo Emulators || LED Modifications
    Disclaimer:
    Everything that this user says is fictional and for entertainment purposes only

Thanks for the quick reply! I'm still trying to learn i've searched on the forums for OFW 5.55 and just 5.55 but no luck I'll try the link you gave. The pandora battery might be a pain to get here will probably take a week to get to me. but i have a 2 gig MC that I should hopefully be able to make a mmc. thanks again.
    -matt

Apple Fanboy PSP Mad Hacker MadMan's Avatar
    Welcome,you can buy pandora battery for just 6$...
    DealExtreme: $6.10 PSP Unbricker Pandora Battery for PSP 1000/2000 (1800mAh/3.6V)
    And magic memory stick-i hope you have your own memory card so you can make it at your own...

▲ ▲

I just ordered a pandora batt. and a MMC, The internet here is extremely slow and trying to download even 30 megs will take about 2 hours. Oh well, 47 more days and I'm back to germany.

Lea
    oh and welcome to the site.
    Hi, I'm Lea, formerly known as zackfair_13, nice to meet you
    i am not be held liable for anything that i may say if you become an asshole
    NEVER CALL YOURSELF A NOOB, we ALL we're NOOB's once
    proud member of the site's resistance retribution PMD clan, and one of the three OG's
    psn = leablahblahblah