Thread: My name is ky, and I am a master debater

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 My name is ky, and I am a master debater 
    Just thought I'd make a post here since i'm new, and have no friends here... Hoping to find some smart psp masters who can help me master the art of psp modding! I wish I could read Goku2778's guides and understand what the F he's saying. That's my goal. Glad to be here.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker TheMeek's Avatar
    whats up, read the rules....the psp scene is a little dead right now but still has some life, but the psp is a good start in learning how to modding other things

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker goku2778's Avatar
    what's wrong with my guides dude??? you could always just simply ask me anything that isn't clear for you either in the guide or via pm.
    Last edited by goku2778; 06-11-2010 at 06:45 PM.
    [CENTER]

Nothing is wrong with your guides broseph. I think the problem lies in the gears in my head...they still work, but all my smokin has slowed them down some... I see you are a big gen-d3 fan. I had my psp modded for me, and therefore I have no pandora battery, which in turn makes me scared $hitless of messing with my settings for m33 5.0. And I have been waiting MONTHS for MGS peace walker, only to have my copy not work...straight to black screen. So...Here I am trying to gather intel while at work, hopefully go home and give it a crack without bricking my unit.

Apple Fanboy PSP Mad Hacker MadMan's Avatar
    Welcome read rules and for sure you will learn something

▲ ▲

Quote Originally Posted by BigKypapa View Post
    Nothing is wrong with your guides broseph. I think the problem lies in the gears in my head...they still work, but all my smokin has slowed them down some... I see you are a big gen-d3 fan. I had my psp modded for me, and therefore I have no pandora battery, which in turn makes me scared $hitless of messing with my settings for m33 5.0. And I have been waiting MONTHS for MGS peace walker, only to have my copy not work...straight to black screen. So...Here I am trying to gather intel while at work, hopefully go home and give it a crack without bricking my unit.
    ok lol...

what type of psp do you have bro?? you got a 1000 phattie??? if so, you do have a pandora my man!!! post back more info for me and what psp you got, i'll walk you through anything!!
    [CENTER]

Is that a whale?! PSP Elite Hacker fuckingclassy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by goku2778 View Post
    ok lol...

what type of psp do you have bro?? you got a 1000 phattie??? if so, you do have a pandora my man!!! post back more info for me and what psp you got, i'll walk you through anything!!
    I think he already has CFW; 5.00 M33. If anything, he needs to update to 5.00 M33-6.
    Nintendo Emulators || LED Modifications
    Disclaimer:
    Everything that this user says is fictional and for entertainment purposes only

hey Vanz, i'm asking about his model in relevance of his fear of not experimenting without a pandora. if he has a 1k, he has a pandora battery, cause he can softmod change it in 2 secs flat.

his cfw is no concern of mine for that...
    [CENTER]

Unfortunately no, I have a 2000 slim. Bought it for 30$ from someone who said the umd discs didn't work...took it home and everything worked great! Got it modded for 10$ from some dude online, and so no mms or pandora.

***Thanks for the help man, you seem very knowledgable with these
    Last edited by BigKypapa; 06-11-2010 at 08:06 PM.

Rated: CERO Z PSP Elite Hacker
    Go to 5.00M33-4 not 5.00M33-6. It is the same thing with the exception of -6 having a different mem stick driver that has been proven SLOWER than the one -4 has.

The best combo is 5.00M33-4 running the 3.71 mem stick driver.

Slowman, I am currently at 5.0 i believe, not 6.0. And you're saying switching to 6.0 could solve this game not loading properly? Thanks for the help

No for the love of god don't upgrade to OFW.

5.00M33-6 is the sixth version of Dark Alex's 5.00M33.
    5.00M33-4 is the fourth version of Dark Alex's 5.00M33.

Do not upgrade to official firmware.

I wouldn't. I meant 5 and 6, not 5.0 and 6.0. I am pretty sure i have 5 right now... can you check version without a pc? Im at work but i have my psp on me.

Yes, go to System -> System Settings -> System Information and it will show you the firmware version.

I'm sure you're not on 5.00M33-5 because it was only released for a few hours. It had some nasty bug in it that bricked systems under certain conditions (which I don't remember at this time). If you're on 5.00M33, you're almost for sure on either -4 or -6.

wow...i am running on m33-4. so why am i unable to load this....? I can run other iso's fine. I have tried switching around the drivers and such to no avail. other people have had this iso work on their systems, so they say, so I know it's not a faulty file. The game shows up on my card, background and all, but after the psp icon load screen it just goes black.
    Maybe I should post this into a different thread now??
    Last edited by BigKypapa; 06-11-2010 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Am I taking this too far from the thread topic now?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast