Thread: Hi + Feedback

1. #1 Hi + Feedback 
    Junior Member PSP User
    Hi PSP Mod Community,

Disclaimer: I am not here to advertise, I am here to get responses from awesome PSP gamers.

I handle Community Outreach for iFixit (iFixit: The free repair manual), we are getting ready to make a gigantic release of content related to game console repair.

I was wondering if I could some feedback from you guys on specific electronics you'd like to have us cover that we don't already have up on the site? Or any suggestions for improvement on our current guides that would help you out in any way?

Here is what we currently have related to PSP's:
    (Sony Handheld Console - iFixit)

However, we cannot host content related to console hardware mods that are not approved by manufacturers.

It'd be great to get some feedback from you guys!

If my post belongs somewhere else, please don't hesitate to move it. I hope that this does not come off as spam o.O

Feel free to enjoy the guides to help you with hardware issues!
    Last edited by Slowman; 08-20-2010 at 10:13 PM.

Rated: CERO Z PSP Elite Hacker
    I don't take it as spam or advertising; I'll even make your links clickable because I know you can't. I love DIY, projects, and fixing things. I've always advocated that people fix or modify things themselves.

However, there's one issue...

However, we cannot host content related to console hardware mods that are not approved by manufacturers.
    If you were to ask Sony, there are absolutely zero hardware mods that are approved by them. Sony doesn't like people messing with their creations.

There are plenty of folks here that can tell you all about fixing PSP's though. What do you need?
    Last edited by Slowman; 08-20-2010 at 10:15 PM.

Junior Member PSP User
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowman View Post
    I don't take it as spam or advertising; I'll even make your links clickable because I know you can't. I love DIY, projects, and fixing things. I've always advocated that people fix or modify things themselves.

However, there's one issue...

If you were to ask Sony, there are absolutely zero hardware mods that are approved by them. Sony doesn't like people messing with their creations.

There are plenty of folks here that can tell you all about fixing PSP's though. What do you need?
    Mostly since we are a physical entity/company we can't host the guides from a legal perspective. (Its when you mess with the firmware and stuff things get icky. We basically wont be able to sell replacement 360 parts because all of them require messing with firmware apparently)

But for replacing broken screens, putting new analog controllers back in. Those kinds of repairs/upgrades are what we can support.

Obviously, you guys know how to mod your psp in the ways Sony doesn't like. We've got no problems with it, we just can't host guides for it on our site sadly.

I was just hoping to see if the guides we currently have available on fixing/repairing PSP's were accurate and easy to follow.

We are a repair-wiki, so if any of your members find discrepencies they are more than welcome to contribute their knowledge.

Thanks for your polite reply! An xbox forum was quite hostile to to me so its a good change of pace to hear from you.
    Last edited by JamReadyTeacups; 08-20-2010 at 10:27 PM.

Rated: CERO Z PSP Elite Hacker
    Those Xbox folks are just ravenous, terrible creatures aren't they? (admittedly, my original Xbox is still plugged in and connected to my TV)
    *ahem*

We have an existing guides section, but I'm not sure what you can use or not. I would imagine that the original creator of a guide would like for you to contact them before you use it but I'm sure most would not have a problem with it. There are also various guides sprinkled around the site in stickied threads that have not been moved to the guides section for one reason or another.
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/PSP_Guides.html

Financially Raped PSP Elite Hacker thesexyone's Avatar
    if the creators are given credit, i'd volunteer mine. i bet you can't find it.....lol

well, my thread is huge and has other people's material too, so you'd need to give credit to them too. they're mentioned in mine

edit: FIXING i see, hmm, well then there's definitely better stuff here than mine. You should search the forums, at least you got one moderator's blessing for it
    Last edited by thesexyone; 08-20-2010 at 10:46 PM.
    TRY PSP HACKING FOR DUMMIES!
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/sony-ps...tml#post514825

...even a noob like you can click the link...

Junior Member PSP User
    Quote Originally Posted by thesexyone View Post
    if the creators are given credit, i'd volunteer mine. i bet you can't find it.....lol

well, my thread is huge and has other people's material too, so you'd need to give credit to them too. they're mentioned in mine

edit: FIXING i see, hmm, well then there's definitely better stuff here than mine. You should search the forums, at least you got one moderator's blessing for it
    Yeah I've noticed some relevant fixing posts in the hardware forums on motherboard replacement and joystick replacement. People that helped those guys repair their psp's would benefit greatly by being able to do those repairs and post them our site.

We're trying to make troubleshooting easy for gamers, and we'd love community involvement to make sure we've got accurate info from people who are knowledgeable (like you guys with PSP's ).

That way you don't have to deal with the repetitive "omg my ___ broke how do I fix it"