Thread: Heylas all

1. #1 Heylas all 
    Heylas!

First time caller, long time listener.

Figured it's high time I post up in here. I haven't done any mods besides CFW and changing my trigger colors (no LED). I've mostly been kicking back, waiting for new CFWs and new plugins come out.

Anyways, currently I'm /attempting/ to repair a shoddy analog stick in a PSP I picked up for 30 bucks. Well, after opening it, I found the stupidest spring I've ever seen, and now I'm trying to find out how to reassemble the sticks innards properly.

My Google-Fu must be weak today, because all I can find is one video where it's not explained well enough, and lots of threads telling people to Google it. >_<

i wish i could help man
    whenever i have any hardware issues i tend to hand it off to the resident psp *hardware* guru at my apartments along with $10 ^///^
    #Companion_Cube<3

Hardware Modder PSP Elite Hacker BrokenRoses22's Avatar
    Welcome! Follow the rues & respect others. Enjoy your stay!
    Me and El Guapo are hardware exsperts here.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker DarkFoxSniper's Avatar
    Your in for a very annoying time trying to get that back together.The spring goes around the underside of the nub and if it's not placed exactly right it'll pop off..wish I had a pic but cannot find 1.

Quote Originally Posted by iedwardsIII
    In the words of DFS, go die.

PSP Motherboard F.A.Q. Coldboot Tutorial

5. #5 >ker-sigh< Good ol' "one day projects"... 
    I finally got it back together - I don't know why, but I was putting it together as though the rails were internal! I had one of the black casing pieces backwards. >_< They don't mention that in the video I found.

But yeah - that spring sucks! I actually kinked it and had a real fun time bending it back with my fine tipped tweezers. Granted, it needed to be done, the spring had delatched from itself and wouldn't return properly.

I picked it up at a pawn shop for 30 bucks - it was worked over. No "stick" for the analog (shop claimed the analog didn't work at all, but it's almost back), battery is fried (after looking at it, someone tried to make a pandora), and it's got some interesting issues I haven't seen before. The analog stick will only work for gameplay - it doesn't work in the XMB or even in ingame menus! On top of that, when I unplug it from the AC adapter, there have been times when the LCD goes blank - the backlight is still up, just blank. It's looking like it's got some soda in the internals, but I won't call it a bad board by any means. It looks like it just got in the metal casing surrounding the LCD and on the bottom button bar, so I'm thinking I'm just going to do a full disassemble, clean all the parts and rebuild.

It's going to be a VERY fun project just getting it off the ground, but I figure once I finish, I can make an easy 50 bucks profit after I get it operating at peak efficiancy, softmod it, and toss some "sound reactive" LEDs in it (phat). If all goes well, after I sell this I'll have my new bluray drive for my g01 ps3 and a carton of smokes.

Wow, my manners are out the window today *flustered*

It's a pleasure meeting you all! I know we'll see more of each other here in the threads. I'm only active in one other forum (non-gaming related), so it'll be nice to have another place to become a reg at - and especially nice (in a way) to be here where I'm definitely lacking in PSP specific knowledge. I'm sure I'll have some good ol' challenging questions for you eventually. ^_^
    Last edited by DuctTapedGoat; 02-19-2011 at 04:31 AM. Reason: Etiquette out the window...