Thread: A Newb has returned, and with success

1. #1 A Newb has returned, and with success 
    None of you will remember me, but I am a member that first joined almost 2 years ago, back then I had no f***ing clue what I was doing, and nearly bricked my PSP. Back then hacking a PSP required a Pandora, and I tried with little to no knowledge to hack a PSP on my own.

Its been a long trip... but I think... looking back on a few things... that I was so different back then!

But most of all, I was a dumbass.

Now I have 2 PSP's, a Slim with 6.60 PRO B-10, and a Go with 6.20 PRO B-10. I have learned how to navigate my PSP's files now... and now what each file does generally. I've learned a lot about my PSP's since then, and have begun working on my own themes - and hopefully homebrew soon. I am excited for the PSVita, and I take my PSP Go wherever I go.

Its been ~3 years since I first heard of PSP hacking... and I am quite surprised to see how far it has come. But more... I'm surprised how much I've learned. I know I'll probably be shrugged off as another newbie here - and rightfully so - but, I just wanted to say thank you.

Thank you, PSPMods, for showing me the world of Modding. Not just that of PSP's either.

Rated: CERO Z PSP Elite Hacker
    Welcome back. Stick around and see what the Vita brings. We're also slowly working on reorganizing the forum and updating a lot of outdated guides.

TASK FORCE 141 PSP Elite Hacker Pirate's Avatar
    welcome back to pspmod.
    why don't you check out my guide to see how psp hacking has come off these days?
    its retarded easy to install cfw. no pb reqd

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    welcome back to pspmod.
    why don't you check out my guide to see how psp hacking has come off these days?
    its retarded easy to install cfw. no pb reqd
    Thanks for the offer, but I think I notice how retarded easy it is already

I still can't believe how we went from requiring Hardware, to only needing a few files

...of course, I keep the battery in-case my slim were to brick. I decided to try the 3-way firmware last night (6.60 ofw, 6.60 PRO, and 6.60 ME) and I love how ME has all the old firmware shit I learned to love <3
    PSP hacking since '09!

Rated: CERO Z PSP Elite Hacker
    Yeah man, ME firmwares are as good as anything we've ever gotten. I'm a big Dark Alex fanboy but I gotta hand it to neur0n, he's making firmwares that are just as stable as any M33 release and have more features too!