Thread: Hi, Im New Here

1. #1 Hi, Im New Here 
    Hey Guys, New to the site here. Looks great. Basically ive just found an old psp 1000 lying in my drawer that i havnt really used in a few years and it still works...... looking to learn abit more about them and how to mod them etc now that im intrested in this kinda thing. at first when i was young and i got it, it was just for gaming but now that ive grew out of that i actually like to play with the unit itself rather than the games lol anyways its runing ofw 2.8.2 so like i said hoping to learn a few things along the way and hopefully down the line i can share my findings with new guys later on.

beer makes me retardedly retarded PSP Mad Hacker diabolic-mind's Avatar
    play with the unit itself? how? do you pretend it is a space ship and make swishhhhhh noises while moving it around in the air? lol

You should probably get your hands on a pandora battery so you can go to cfw.

Moderator I Modded My PSP Flash 0's Avatar
    No need for Pandora Battery anymore while hacking, they are used for unbricking now.

First you need to update to OFW 6.60 and then install CFW here is how.

You can either update to 6.60 OFW by system update or you can manually download it yourself. If you do system update with the psp skip these first steps.(also skip if your already on 6.60 OFW)

1) Download and extract the 6.60 OFW and keep it where you can find it:http://www.pspmod.com/forums/downloa...do=file&id=212
    2) Go to USB connection on the psp and pull up the drive that the psp is connected to on the computer.
    3) Now open the PSP folder and then the GAME folder and then in that GAME folder make a new folder named UPDATE (all caps)
    4) Put the 660 OFW EBOOT in that update folder and then exit USB mode.
    5) Go to GAME in the psp XMB and run it.

Now to install CFW.

1) Download the CFW from this link:http://www.pspmod.com/forums/downloa...do=file&id=251 Go back to USB mode on the psp
    and go to the GAME folder just like you did in above steps.
    3) Delete the UPDATE folder because you will no longer need it. (Only do this step if you did the above steps for installing OFW)
    4) Place the ME_INSTALLER in the GAME folder.
    5) Exit USB mode and go run the ME_INSALLER. Run that in the XMB, go to GAME and then MEMORY STICK.

This is for 1k Psp's and for fully hackable 2k's only!
    Last edited by Flash 0; 12-06-2011 at 05:32 PM.
    In an Ideal world I would have all ten fingers on my left hand and my right hand would just be used for punching.

I'll be the number two guy here on PSP MOD in six weeks, How? Name repition, personality mirroring and never breaking off a handshake. I'm always thinking one step ahead like a...carpenter that makes stairs.

thanks for the replies, ive done like u said flash 0. cant seem to get it to work, when i go to game and select on the update launcher for 660 it restarts and goes threw the process, but when the psp starts up its still on ofw. if i try it again it says installed ipl------------- already installed and then everything else after that says ok restart in 6seconds but again its still on ofw

Moderator I Modded My PSP Flash 0's Avatar
    EDIT: Do what I said to do in your other thread actually.
    Last edited by Flash 0; 12-06-2011 at 05:33 PM.
    In an Ideal world I would have all ten fingers on my left hand and my right hand would just be used for punching.

I'll be the number two guy here on PSP MOD in six weeks, How? Name repition, personality mirroring and never breaking off a handshake. I'm always thinking one step ahead like a...carpenter that makes stairs.