Thread: am i posting in the correct spot?

1. #1 am i posting in the correct spot? 
    Hello, i am new to this (forums). i have been trying for 2 days to downgrade my psp 2000 (ver.6.60), and have been adding the updates, makin folders. but in the end it always tells me corrupt data. I am trying to get past this issue but have gone threw so many threads , im tired. i dont need step by step, but point me to what im doing wrong. if u need to no more about my psp and whatnot, let me know. thnx. have a psp 300 too but was hopin to not mess with it. IF THIS IS A PIRACY ISSUE ,SORRY I DIDNT KNOW, LET ME KNOW.
    Last edited by trevor69; 02-12-2012 at 11:58 PM. Reason: can i ask for this? idk

Moderator I Modded My PSP Flash 0's Avatar
    What exactly are you wanting to downgrade to? Are you just wanting CFW? If so you can install a Lite CFW on 6.60 OFW so there is no need to downgrade unless you want to go to a specific CFW.
    In an Ideal world I would have all ten fingers on my left hand and my right hand would just be used for punching.

I'll be the number two guy here on PSP MOD in six weeks, How? Name repition, personality mirroring and never breaking off a handshake. I'm always thinking one step ahead like a...carpenter that makes stairs.

Super Moderator PSP Elite Hacker faustnero's Avatar
    if you want to downgrade, you're free to click the downgrade guide on my sig.

L
    Quote Originally Posted by trevor69 View Post
    Hello, i am new to this (forums). i have been trying for 2 days to downgrade my psp 2000 (ver.6.60), and have been adding the updates, makin folders. but in the end it always tells me corrupt data. I am trying to get past this issue but have gone threw so many threads , im tired. i dont need step by step, but point me to what im doing wrong. if u need to no more about my psp and whatnot, let me know. thnx. have a psp 300 too but was hopin to not mess with it. IF THIS IS A PIRACY ISSUE ,SORRY I DIDNT KNOW, LET ME KNOW.
    Why are you trying to downgrade?

tryin to not use umd, and i used to be able to put these programs on my games that let u change anything in the game (was on liberty city stories). but i dont know my motherboard. i have a starwars or darth vader white psp 2001. its not in the guides with the rest. try to open it have a look today. i dont care how i arrive at the conclusion, i have some paperwork on the subject, but nothin seems to work, says corrupted OH and my serial # begins HU7
    Last edited by trevor69; 02-13-2012 at 12:44 PM. Reason: forgot to put serial#

Moderator I Modded My PSP Flash 0's Avatar
    Do this, The Vader PSP's are fully hackable. This will allow you to play your UMD backups and use cheat plug ins. Once you get this done, if you need help doing that someone can help. I can help you dump your UMD's but I can't help with the cheat plug ins because I have never used one.

This guide will put you on CFW but if you would rather get on the latest OFW you can do the first set of steps below, then if you would like to put CFW on the psp you can do the second set of steps after you complete
    the first set.

Note: this is for 1k PSP's AKA Phat psp's only (and some 2k's). This guide will NOT work on unhackable 2k's, 3k's, Go!'s or E-1000 so do not try it.

You can either update to 6.60 OFW by system update or you can manually download it yourself. If you do system update with the psp skip these first steps.(also skip if your already on 6.60 OFW)

1) Download and extract the 6.60 OFW from here: http://du01.psp.update.playstation.o...b395/EBOOT.PBP
    2) Go to USB connection on the psp and pull up the drive that the psp is connected to on the computer.
    3) Now open the PSP folder and then the GAME folder and then in that GAME folder make a new folder named UPDATE (all caps)
    4) Put the 660 OFW EBOOT (from the download) in that update folder and then exit USB mode.
    5) Go to GAME in the psp XMB and run it.

Now to install CFW.

1) Download the CFW from this link:660 ME 1.6.zip
    2) go to the GAME folder just like you did in above steps. (See step 3 above if you don't know how to find the GAME folder)
    3) Delete the UPDATE folder because you will no longer need it. (Only do this step if you did the above steps for installing OFW)
    4) Place the ME_INSTALLER in the GAME folder.
    5) Exit USB mode and go run the ME_INSALLER. Run that in the XMB, go to GAME and then MEMORY STICK.
    In an Ideal world I would have all ten fingers on my left hand and my right hand would just be used for punching.

I'll be the number two guy here on PSP MOD in six weeks, How? Name repition, personality mirroring and never breaking off a handshake. I'm always thinking one step ahead like a...carpenter that makes stairs.

alright, ill give it a try, let u know