Thread: Psp 1000 phat hack. New to hacking plssss help!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Psp 1000 phat hack. New to hacking plssss help!!! 
    Hello everyone, this is the first time I've ever joined a forum, Its nice to meet everyone. So my problem; I was cleaning my apartment and found my PSP 1000 (phat). The firmware version is an old one (ver 2.71) I've tried to do it like they do it on youtube but all the files I've looked for are on megaupload. Oh, I guess I should mention that I don't have a pandora battery, and its a sony magic gate. If you guys can help me out that would be great. Thanks

Financially Raped PSP Elite Hacker thesexyone's Avatar
    i dont have much time to help you link-wise since my source.....scrambled their site and i cant find their links anymore.

anyhoo, i'd point you to search for 6.60 OFFICIAL firmware, as the newest mods are based on 6.60

however, your firmware is so old it may pose an issue. I think you'd have to download and install 3.71 first and then 6.60 if this happens. Probably not, but worth a check.

You can then search and install one of the 6.60 mods. Check our guides or psp hacking sections for walkthroughs for this, we have quite a few
    TRY PSP HACKING FOR DUMMIES!
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/sony-ps...tml#post514825

...even a noob like you can click the link...

I can help. I only know how to install the newest, 6.60Pro, on your model at such a old OFW so that's what I'll base this post on. First, please do not do this if you have a problem with it, do not understand or don't want to brick your PSP, which can happen.

You going to need to make a MMS and a Pandora battery. You can buy the Pandora battery, which I did or you can make it.

Here is a video tutorial on how to make MMS, or a tutorial here on making the MMS, and you'll have to search up how to make Pandora Batteries. Or, here you can buy a battery for PSP 1000 for REAL cheap. I can vouch for that awesome site and its products, in which I bought a blue Pandora LED for 2000.

I do believe you can mod a PSP1000 without a Pandora battery, but I am not sure about that and I believe it depends on the PSP. So I won't tell you how.

AFTER YOU MAKE A MMS AND A PANDORA BATTERY OR YOU HAVE BOUGHT ONE, CONTINUE AFTER THIS:

If Official Firmware is below 6.60 (In your case, it is! ;D), you can do this. First you need to download OFFICIAL FIRMWARE of 6.60, which you can get here (I personally uploaded it because I found it hard to trust sites), extract the file and copy the EBOOT.PHP to PSP/GAME/UPDATE. If you do not have a UPDATE folder, create one and then place the Eboot.pbp in it.

Disconnect the PSP from the PC and go to the XMB, scroll right and run the update from the Memory stick. Now you have OFW 6.60 installed. Now you need 6.60 Pro B-10, which you can download right here. But first, delete the OFW 6.60 off the MMS by pressing Triangle on it.

Extract the file to the PC desktop, copy the PROUPDATE and CIPL FLASHER to the folder "GAME" which should be located at PSP/GAME. Go to the XMB (main screen of PSP) and run PROUPDATE FIRST! Install the CFW, when it finishes go back to the XMB and run the CIPL FLASHER. There! You have succesfully installed 6.60 Pro B-10!

END NOTES:
    I would HIGHLY suggest saving all your game DATA onto your PC and when updating/modding, to have your PSP plugged into a wall with your charger so if the battery falls out, you'll have back up power.

EDIT:

If I misunderstood and your firmaware is actually NOT AN OFFICIAL firmware, then you can follow this. I found it just now at dashhacks forum.

If Upgrading from any M33 Custom Firmware
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoiler for Instructions If Upgrading from any M33 Custom Firmware:
    1. Download OFW 6.60 -http://psp.dashhacks.com/file/2119
    2. Extract the file
    3. Copy EBOOT.PBP to PSP/GAME/UPDATE/
    4. From the xmb (main psp menu) run the update from Game – Memory Stick
    5. Now you are on OFW 6.60
    6. Download 6.60 PRO B-9 - PSP CFW 6.60 PRO-B9 (fix1) | PSP-Hacks: Hack your PlayStation Portable
    7. Extract the file
    8. Copy PROUPDATE and CIPL Flasher folders to PSP/GAME/
    9. From the xmb (main psp menu) run the PROUPDATE from Game - Memory stick.
    10. Press X to install CFW
    11. From the xmb (main psp menu) run the CIPL Flasher from Game - Memory stick.
    12. You have successfully installed 6.60 PRO B-9
    If Upgrading from 5.50 GEN or 5.50 Prometheus 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoiler for Instructions If Upgrading from 5.50 GEN or 5.50 Prometheus 4:
    1. Open VSH menu by clicking on the Select button from xmb(main psp menu)
    2. Change USB device to Flash0
    3. Connect your psp to pc
    4. Navigate to \vsh\etc\
    5. Open version.txt using notepad or wordpad
    6. In the first line change the 9.90 to 5.50 and save.
    7. Disconnect your psp from the pc and change the USB device back to Memory stick in vsh menu
    8. Download OFW 6.60 - PSP Firmware 6.60 Update | PSP-Hacks: Hack your PlayStation Portable
    9. Extract the file
    10. Copy EBOOT.PBP to PSP/GAME/UPDATE/
    11. From the xmb (main psp menu) run the update from Game – Memory Stick
    12. Now you are on OFW 6.60
    13. Download 6.60 PRO B-9 - PSP CFW 6.60 PRO-B9 (fix1) | PSP-Hacks: Hack your PlayStation Portable
    14. Extract the file
    15. Copy PROUPDATE and CIPL Flasher folders to PSP/GAME/
    16. From the xmb (main psp menu) run the PROUPDATE from Game - Memory stick.
    17. Press X to install CFW
    18. From the xmb (main psp menu) run the CIPL Flasher from Game - Memory stick.
    19. You have successfully installed 6.60 PRO B-9
    All of that is for the PSP 1000 model.

Hope I helped!

Emma~
    Last edited by Emma; 02-15-2012 at 02:15 AM.

I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes, or should I?

Moderator I Modded My PSP Flash 0's Avatar
    Forget all of that about a pandora you don't need it to update.

Follow this guide, I'm not sure if you will need to update to a lower firmware first and then to the higher one but try this and if you get an error reply back with what it is and we can help.

This guide will put you on CFW but if you would rather get on the latest OFW you can do the first set of steps below, then if you would like to put CFW on the psp you can do the second set of steps after you complete
    the first set.

Note: this is for 1k PSP's AKA Phat psp's only (and some 2k's). This guide will NOT work on unhackable 2k's, 3k's, Go!'s or E-1000 so do not try it.

You can either update to 6.60 OFW by system update or you can manually download it yourself. If you do system update with the psp skip these first steps.(also skip if your already on 6.60 OFW)

1) Download and extract the 6.60 OFW from here: http://du01.psp.update.playstation.o...b395/EBOOT.PBP
    2) Go to USB connection on the psp and pull up the drive that the psp is connected to on the computer.
    3) Now open the PSP folder and then the GAME folder and then in that GAME folder make a new folder named UPDATE (all caps)
    4) Put the 660 OFW EBOOT (from the download) in that update folder and then exit USB mode.
    5) Go to GAME in the psp XMB and run it.

Now to install CFW.

1) Download the CFW from this link:660 ME 1.6.zip
    2) go to the GAME folder just like you did in above steps. (See step 3 above if you don't know how to find the GAME folder)
    3) Delete the UPDATE folder because you will no longer need it. (Only do this step if you did the above steps for installing OFW)
    4) Place the ME_INSTALLER in the GAME folder.
    5) Exit USB mode and go run the ME_INSALLER. Run that in the XMB, go to GAME and then MEMORY STICK.
    In an Ideal world I would have all ten fingers on my left hand and my right hand would just be used for punching.

I'll be the number two guy here on PSP MOD in six weeks, How? Name repition, personality mirroring and never breaking off a handshake. I'm always thinking one step ahead like a...carpenter that makes stairs.

It's an official 2.71, but I haven't upgraded it. I actually thought I lost it a long time ago.

Super Moderator PSP Elite Hacker faustnero's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Emma View Post
    I can help. I only know how to install the newest, 6.60Pro, on your model at such a old OFW so that's what I'll base this post on. First, please do not do this if you have a problem with it, do not understand or don't want to brick your PSP, which can happen.

You going to need to make a MMS and a Pandora battery. You can buy the Pandora battery, which I did or you can make it.

Here is a video tutorial on how to make MMS, or a tutorial here on making the MMS, and you'll have to search up how to make Pandora Batteries. Or, here you can buy a battery for PSP 1000 for REAL cheap. I can vouch for that awesome site and its products, in which I bought a blue Pandora LED for 2000.

I do believe you can mod a PSP1000 without a Pandora battery, but I am not sure about that and I believe it depends on the PSP. So I won't tell you how.

AFTER YOU MAKE A MMS AND A PANDORA BATTERY OR YOU HAVE BOUGHT ONE, CONTINUE AFTER THIS:

If Official Firmware is below 6.60 (In your case, it is! ;D), you can do this. First you need to download OFFICIAL FIRMWARE of 6.60, which you can get here (I personally uploaded it because I found it hard to trust sites), extract the file and copy the EBOOT.PHP to PSP/GAME/UPDATE. If you do not have a UPDATE folder, create one and then place the Eboot.pbp in it.

Disconnect the PSP from the PC and go to the XMB, scroll right and run the update from the Memory stick. Now you have OFW 6.60 installed. Now you need 6.60 Pro B-10, which you can download right here. But first, delete the OFW 6.60 off the MMS by pressing Triangle on it.

Extract the file to the PC desktop, copy the PROUPDATE and CIPL FLASHER to the folder "GAME" which should be located at PSP/GAME. Go to the XMB (main screen of PSP) and run PROUPDATE FIRST! Install the CFW, when it finishes go back to the XMB and run the CIPL FLASHER. There! You have succesfully installed 6.60 Pro B-10!

END NOTES:
    I would HIGHLY suggest saving all your game DATA onto your PC and when updating/modding, to have your PSP plugged into a wall with your charger so if the battery falls out, you'll have back up power.

EDIT:

If I misunderstood and your firmaware is actually NOT AN OFFICIAL firmware, then you can follow this. I found it just now at dashhacks forum.

Hope I helped!

Emma~

wow emma

The pandora battery is the safest right now because no one is sure if it needs to be updated first before he can update to the latest CFW 6.60. So if he needs to update before updating to 6.60Pro, then the above can possibly damage the PSP, which is why I gave the pandora battery option.

.....I'm not sure if you will need to update to a lower firmware first and then to the higher one but try this and if you get an error reply back with what it is and we can help.
    Seems a bit wrong to me to give him a tutorial on something that isn't even ensured.... The option I gave is safer and universial no matter the OFW he has.

@Optimus Noob:

I personally suggest the tutorial I gave for your situation. Normally I would not suggest my own stuff, but in your situation it seems the safest. But of course you can do which ever you want.

Good luck!

@faustnero:
    :P
    Last edited by Emma; 02-15-2012 at 02:36 AM.

I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes, or should I?

END NOTES:

EDIT:

Hope I helped!

Emma~
    Yeah good guide, I didn't mean to jump in after you posted that, I didn't see the part in there that was after the pandora stuff. My bad.
    In an Ideal world I would have all ten fingers on my left hand and my right hand would just be used for punching.

I'll be the number two guy here on PSP MOD in six weeks, How? Name repition, personality mirroring and never breaking off a handshake. I'm always thinking one step ahead like a...carpenter that makes stairs.

helping people now eh that's great

The pandora battery is the safest right now because no one is sure if it needs to be updated first before he can update to the latest CFW 6.60. So if he needs to update before updating to 6.60Pro, then the above can possibly damage the PSP, which is why I gave the pandora battery option.

Seems a bit wrong to me to give him a tutorial on something that isn't even ensured.... The option I gave is safer and universial no matter the OFW he has.

@Optimus Noob:

I personally suggest the tutorial I gave for your situation. Normally I would not suggest my own stuff, but in your situation it seems the safest. But of course you can do which ever you want.

Good luck!

@faustnero:
    :P
    It won't damage his psp to go from OFW to OFW, Sony wouldn't do that. If you really wanted to be safe about it you could do as Thesexyone said to do and update to 3.71 and then to another OFW before 6.60 if you wanted. But I myself would just go straight to 6.60 without worrying about it.

Since he has a 1k he can always use the pandora as a back up just in case something gets messed up.

No, it wouldn't hurt to go OFW to OFW, but since it is unsure if he needed to update to a certain CFW before going to 6.60Pro, it is a bit dangerous to follow such a tutorial when safer methods are around like the pandora battery method.

I forgot about the usage of of pandora battery. But even if he wanted to do that, he would still need one right? So he might as well make one now or buy one.

pandora is mainly unbricking fully hackable psps and reflashing for corrupted flash.
    The Pandora Battery

Thanks everyone for all the input. You guys are amazing.

Spambuster Bitch PSP Elite Hacker dankgame's Avatar
    look ill put it to rest now ofw to ofw wont brick unless your battery goes dead or falls out then you would need a pandora as for hacking it is just as safe to use installer instead of pb with the pb your gonna have to flash m33-4 then update to 6.60 me when you can just do it from 6.60 ofw cause not errrebody has a pb or the money to buy watch my vid with 1.50 ofw to 6.60 ofw no brick

done then all you would need is 6.60ME-1.6 OFW INSTALLER.zip much easier then pb mms combo
    new members and old read thisvvvvvvvv
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/introdu...uncements.html

Thanks dankgame.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast