Thread: A few questions...

1. #1 A few questions... 
    Let me start out by saying i did have a psp many many moons ago (lauch day) i hacked i back when you had to have GTA to do a hack lol. Well fast foward here we are today i'm working graveyards at work and want something to entertain myself. Noticed the psp has grown a nice home-brew crowd. So i find myself looking at refurb psp 2000

So :

Is there any specific model i should look for? i've read the guide but its pretty much buy it then find out affair i want to be able to do before i walk out ...

How big of memory card (do people still do the Sd(micro or otherwise) to memory stick duo?) For my BACKUPS/HOMEBREW

Any info making life easier would be nice, i've modded ps2,wii,xbox, xbox360 so i'm not scared of getting dirty just been out of the psp for so long i dont know whats what anymore..
    Last edited by Dreamspawn; 02-17-2012 at 04:43 AM.

Member PSP User
    check the motherboard for the psp 2000 because there is a certain motherboard (i dont rmember which one) for that model that has to have a certain CFW. i would go with psp 1000 if i were you.
    and a 4 gig memory stick produo should be acceptable. most homebrews dont take up that much space depending on the function of saied homebrew

Member PSP User
    hope that helps a lil

Super Moderator PSP Elite Hacker faustnero's Avatar
    4gb is ok, 8gb is big enough for all the homebrews. homebrews aren't that big either.

But the 1000 only has 32mb of memory not the 64 is 2000/3000. I know the certain mother board you are talking bout. I'm gonna see if they will let me take them out and check there firmwares, or if they have orginal box (highly un likely) i could check it..

Moderator I Modded My PSP Flash 0's Avatar
    To be honest, I wouldn't even worry about which psp to get as they all can be hacked in some way. The unhackable 2k's 3k's and psp Go can run Lite CFW's which are almost the same except you will just have to run an installer everytime you boot up from the OFF state (only takes 10 seconds, and you can leave the psp in sleep mode that way you don't have to do it).

Ultimately if you have an easy way to look at the MOBO version I would do it but if you have to jump through hoops I wouldn't even worry about it.

Note: If you really wanted to make sure you are getting an hackable 2k I would just look for a star wars one and buy it because it is fully hackable. (I believe there are a few more that are fully hackable but I don't know them)
    In an Ideal world I would have all ten fingers on my left hand and my right hand would just be used for punching.

I'll be the number two guy here on PSP MOD in six weeks, How? Name repition, personality mirroring and never breaking off a handshake. I'm always thinking one step ahead like a...carpenter that makes stairs.