Thread: Hello pspmod community!

1. #1 Hello pspmod community! 
    Hello everybody!
    my name is hillbomber. I am completely new to modding all together, but im trying to change that now.

first things first, just bought my psp 3001 used, its running OFW Version 6.6, and i have a 4 gig memorystick. i would like to run whatever is the best suggestion as far as CFW goes. I dont know a lot about modding but i have been looking through these forums for a couple days now picking up the lingo, rules, anything useful and just seeing the pros and cons to modding my psp, as well as the consequences of failing. just dont want to do it on my own.

thanks
    Last edited by hillbomber; 03-31-2012 at 10:00 PM.

TASK FORCE 141 PSP Elite Hacker Pirate's Avatar
    welcome to pspmod.goto section 8 of my guide to mod your 3K.its perfectly safe
    Last edited by Pirate; 04-01-2012 at 03:31 AM.

Where do i begin to look? i dont know where to find out what kind of mother board i have, or how low i can get the firmware down to. If its even able to go low enough that is. Also, i cant make heads or tails of the guide with all that information.

EDIT: Could you hook me up with the links? and maybe direct me to the right video to follow as far as installing and whatnot

EDITEDIT: Also is this something that im going to have to keep updating? Or have the psp modders found the right setup to the point that after all is said and done thats it?
    What im trying to get to is that im not much of a computer person, I dont know much past looking up things, is it going to be more than what an avereage person should know? if so i might want to just re sell it. (the main reason i bought a psp now is because theyre cheap, i heard they can be modded to play games and music at the same time, run emulators, psptube, and just generally be fun in the form of a handheld). Heck, after i get the modding done i still dont know what all to download as far as emulators, and how to trick out my theme. I also have no clue what to avoid as far as whats legal or not.
    Last edited by hillbomber; 04-01-2012 at 04:37 AM.

Super Moderator PSP Elite Hacker faustnero's Avatar
    welcome to this site.

TASK FORCE 141 PSP Elite Hacker Pirate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hillbomber View Post
    Where do i begin to look? i dont know where to find out what kind of mother board i have, or how low i can get the firmware down to. If its even able to go low enough that is. Also, i cant make heads or tails of the guide with all that information.

EDIT: Could you hook me up with the links? and maybe direct me to the right video to follow as far as installing and whatnot

EDITEDIT: Also is this something that im going to have to keep updating? Or have the psp modders found the right setup to the point that after all is said and done thats it?
    What im trying to get to is that im not much of a computer person, I dont know much past looking up things, is it going to be more than what an avereage person should know? if so i might want to just re sell it. (the main reason i bought a psp now is because theyre cheap, i heard they can be modded to play games and music at the same time, run emulators, psptube, and just generally be fun in the form of a handheld). Heck, after i get the modding done i still dont know what all to download as far as emulators, and how to trick out my theme. I also have no clue what to avoid as far as whats legal or not.
    Which firmware do you have on your 3k currently?

whatever it may be, i advise you to update to 6.60 ofw and install the lite cfw 6.60 LME

6.60 LME 1.6

1.Download it from here:6.60LME-1.6 - Downloads - PSPMOD.com - PSP Forum, Hack PSP, PSV Hacks, PS Vita Hack, PSVita
    2.Make sure you are on 6.60 ofw else update to it
    6.60 OFW - Downloads - PSPMOD.com - PSP Forum, Hack PSP, PSV Hacks, PS Vita Hack, PSVita
    3..Extract the 6.60 LME folder
    4.Copy the INSTALLER and LAUNCHER to the game folder in your PSP Memory card. or just merge the PSP folder in the archive with that of your mem card
    4.Run the Installer from XMB
    5.Finally run the Launcher

^^^^^^ all you need to know is here.

After you're done with this download PSPIDENT, which will tell you which mobo you have
    PSPident 0.74.2 | PSP-Hacks: Hack your PlayStation Portable

All that you have mentioned above play games and music at the same time, run emulators, psptube are possible on the psp.
    Just make sure that the games you play on the psp are the ones that you have paid for and not downloaded from torrents which is illegal.