Thread: Newbie be kind...

1. #1 Newbie be kind... 
    jpv
    Anyone help an old man of three kids?? Cut a long story short as you lot know everything.. I have just purchased a PSP 1003, the software says 2.71. Not sure whether to resell as I have no idea how to upgrade to play other games? All I am asking for is a link to a basic place on how to get the machine working on a current firmware so I can expand the kids playibility. Laugh if you may but just want to give them more entertainment via other means soo too speak. The transferring of the firmware to the psp is main issue and best version... Thanks in advance if anyone wants to be nostalgic. Know nothing about HEN Pandora but been told not needed as PSP not been modifyied yet???

TASK FORCE 141 PSP Elite Hacker Pirate's Avatar
    To update to 6.60 ME from any ofw

First you need to update to 6.60 OFW and the install the CFW. To update you can either do it yourself or you can do network update on the psp.

Heres how you do it. If your already on 6.60 OFW skip these steps. Also skip if you are going to do system update from the XMB. Just go ahead and update either way to
    6.60 OFW.

1. Download this :
    6.60 OFW - 6.Downloads - Sony PSP MODS and Hacks Forums and extract it and have it handy.
    2. Now plug the psp into the usb on your computer and open the PSP folder and then the GAME folder and create a folder named UPDATE and put the 660 eboot in there.
    3. Now exit out of the USB and go to the psp and go to GAME and run that update. That should put you on 6.60 OFW.

Now to install the CFW.

When you go back to the game folder on the psp delete the UPDATE folder I told you to make.

1. Download this:
    6.60ME-1.6 (OFW Version) - Downloads - Sony PSP MODS and Hacks Forums and extract that.
    2. Place the "me_installer" into your "GAME" folder on your memory stick .
    3. Then go run that on the psp like you did the update and you should be good to go.

just follow this to install the latest cfw.

Super Moderator PSP Elite Hacker faustnero's Avatar
    welcome here lad!

jpv
    Hey thanks for reply, for some reason I cannot open the two upgrade link. Firfox says itdoes not know how to open this address not associated (mhtml). Any idea how to get to threads you have kindly posted my friend...

TASK FORCE 141 PSP Elite Hacker Pirate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jpv View Post
    Hey thanks for reply, for some reason I cannot open the two upgrade link. Firfox says itdoes not know how to open this address not associated (mhtml). Any idea how to get to threads you have kindly posted my friend...
    my bad, its the offline guide.

ok, goto section 6 of the guide in my sig. you will find the same thing there.

Hi there im new to this site i have a semi-bricked or bricked fat 1000 psp got it a few years ago just came across it when tidying house didnt know i had it ive discovered i can get into recovery
    menu. I am trying to use hellcats recovery flasher but when i enter recovery mode and press the option to run the /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP i get an error saying
    "this program needs 2.71 to work properly".I searched the web for an answer and it appears some could solve it by changing the kernal,i tried this 1.50 and 3.0x but both manifest the same error message when trying to run the recovery application. ive also tryed putting 1.5 EBOOT in the recovery folder on its own after hellcats recovery didnt work and that didnt work either the orange light flashes for about 4 secs then it switches off not sure what cfw or ofw was on it hopefully someone could help on here iknow its quite old psp just thought i could get it going agian for my son!