Thread: hey

1. #1 hey 
    hello everyone, just joined today after finding out that my old psp-1000 is a gold mine of opportunity and new excitement!

so i installed the 6.60 ME 1.8 OFW - but im confused about why i was told to install OFW? i thought the entire point was to install CFW?

only thing i can think of is it really is CFW but they are calling it OFW in the file list because its for the completely hackable psp versions only?

anyways...i am looking forward to enjoying my psp-1000 for many more years now that i have found out what i can do with it!!

in the meantime i will try and find out more about my situation with the FW through searches

L
    Go to your "System settings" and scroll down to "System information" and see if it says "6.60ME-1.8"

yes it does say that and ive tested it pretty well at this point, ive got a vsh menu and all that so i guess it is a CFW even though the download area of this site calls the download itself 660ME-1.8 OFW...for some reason...shrug...

is there any reason why there are like 10 different cfw out there? pro, me, etc etc... is any one better than the other...me was very easy to install did not need pandora battery or mms and seems to have all the functions?

L
    Its called 6.60ME-1.8 (OFW version) because you can install it straight from OFW

You dont need a pandoras/MMS combo to install CFW anymore

ah now i see why it was called OFW, thanks! appreciate the info / help

nice one guys..