Thread: too old for this.........

1. #1 too old for this......... 
    hi,
    recently came across my two psp's while looking for a snes in one of the 4 rooms and two garages ive been collecting stuff in for 3 decades 'cos i fancied a go on street fighter2- thought to myself an emulator and one of these will do....... cleverly i managed to brick one installing cfw -just goes to show no matter how many years you've been messing sucsessfully it just takes one "dikish" moment to leave you with a box of replacement parts! installed cfw on the other one but i'm not happy as its the mint one ive bricked.
    wouldn't care but SF2 kept me occupied for all of 5 minutes.
    ah well, the older you get the more you forget.....
    I doubt i can help anyone -even my soldering iron is steam driven, but who knows!

Rated: CERO Z PSP Elite Hacker
    What kind of PSP do you have (1000, 2000, 3000) and what color is it? This will determine whether or not it is recoverable.

And if it is recoverable... what you would need at this point is a "Pandora battery". What it does is allow you to write a program to the memory stick that will boot up when you put the Pandora battery into the PSP. Essentially it puts it into factory service mode and allows you to flash a new firmware.

If it is NOT recoverable... then what you have is a broken PSP with some perfectly functional and valuable parts, like the screen, UMD drive, chassis/faceplates, battery, etc.

hi,
    thankyou for the reply and the information, it's nice that you bothered
    - i bought a pandora battery -took 3 weeks to arrive from the states (arrived today), was on here looking for some files to make an mmcard to get it going, looks like i was on a hiding to nothing from the start as i belive it's got the ta-088v3 m/b (date code 8c psp2003 in black) still, ive got a mmcard and a pandora now! (it appears to work on the other psp but the bricked one is just a black screen, power light and no sign of it accessing the mmstick) my own fault should've checked first. Apart from a few very, very light and hard to see scratches here and there it's a total minter and nothing electrical goes to waste in my house (it just gets stored!) I have at least one of most computers and consoles made from 1979-2000 (but only a few from then to the present day- the usual stuff 7 or 8 ps3, some ncubes, a few xbox 360's, lcd telly's dvd recorders, laptops etc - I usually buy these things broken with an intention of fixing them and selling them on, i do manage to repair a fair few of most things but then never get 'round to selling them because then their mine!) all sorts of audio equipment and assorted consumer electronics gotta be getting on for the largest private collection anyware (4 rooms full, a static caravan, touring caravan,large shed and two garages (almost immpossible to find anything that's not at the front! - i don't even know where the keys are for the caravans and shed!!) would have more but these things are way too expensive for me nowadays. no doubt when I kick the bucket it'll all end up in landfill!
    now i think about it i may have some serious compulsive behavour problems

from what iv'e read i'd need a "service card" for the psp but i don't have the kit to write to the nand so i'll look out for a very cheap psp with a smashed screen and swap out the m/b.

sorry, i'm waffling - better get some sleep iv'e got to go out tommorrow to pick up a couple of broken laser printers i bought on ebay couldn't resist at 9.46 for the pair and view a couple of old mercury/evanrude 90hp outboard engines (one siezed the other a missing transfer box for the little speedboat i picked up cheap 5 or six years ago) -oh yeah bikes and cars too, i have some real problems when it comes to passing up bargains -the few times a year ive got cash it's not for long!