Thread: My introduction (or something close to it)

1. #1 My introduction (or something close to it) 
    Good day all...

Name is Mike, go by Nixsdaddy (my son's name is Nick, go figure), and of course I am new to the board (another obvious statement). I am a retro-game/console collector, at least when I have the money to be one, and recently picked up a PSP 1001 at a local shop. Been console gaming since 1978, and of course it makes sense to bring my love of gaming to both my kids. Started computer gaming in 1981 with the Commodore Vic-20. Since then, I have ran dialup BBS's, websites, community boards, and the such.

Thanks for having the 6.60 CFW available here. It was the easiest install I have ever done on a console. Have had no problems with it.

Any questions you have I will be happy to answer. And yes, I did read all the rules/regulation threads before posting, as they were just normal and obvious rules about message board etiquette.

Later on....

hi,
    well will you look at that - my first computer was a vic20 too and 1981 . many hours spent playing blitz and was i ever pleased with myself when i converted skirun to joystick control!
    i dont suppose the first computer you used was an mz80k!
    '78 console eh, what are we talking -atari vcs, surley not an Odyssey 2 or a bally pro
    I didn't know the joys of download ratio's till i'd had an amiga for a while though (and a brand new 19.2 hst modem, i never want to return to those phone bills!)

anyway, good luck to you, maybe i'll see you around.

Yes, the Atari VCS/2600, the best a 8 year old can get! But I did have a standalone pong game before that, if you wish to consider that a console!

The VIC-20 was my first computer used at home, and the Apple II/e at school. I didn't get my modem until I had upgraded to a Commodore 64. That 1670 (1200 baud) modem cost me $79 bucks! My mom HATED me using that modem. I ran up quite a few bills in my time!

Good luck to you also!

L
    Commodore 64...... old skool.

Rated: CERO Z PSP Elite Hacker
    Hey, you rock dude. You've been gaming longer than I've been alive, lol. I am very much into the retro thing myself, adjusted for my age/interests, and collect for NES, SNES, Game Boy, PS1, PS2, PSP, PS3, and DS/3DS.

And yes, I'm old enough to remember the Apple IIe in grade school, would've been 1991 for me.

Installing custom firmware is shockingly easy these days. Sony just sort of gave up and you can get on PSN and everything.

The retro systems I have so far with games ofc are... Atari 2600, NES, SNES, Gameboy, GBC, GBA, Virtual Boy, Genesis model 2, Sega CD, 32X, Sega Saturn, Dreamcast, N64, Gamecube, PSX, PS2, Game Gear, PSP, Wii, NDS..... So far... It's just hard to save the money for my addictions! I am hoping once our new house is completed and we are able to be moved into that I will be able to make an area where all my systems are hooked up to be more accessible. Right now, everything is in storage lol!

hi,
    from your list i'm missing a virtual boy,nds and saturn (i'm counting my megadrives as a genisis!) my sega cd is the origional front loader type
    the virtual boy i've never even heard of, how old is that? - i really don't recall it, i take it it's made by nintendo.
    goodnight.

L
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixsdaddy View Post
    The retro systems I have so far with games ofc are... Atari 2600, NES, SNES, Gameboy, GBC, GBA, Virtual Boy, Genesis model 2, Sega CD, 32X, Sega Saturn, Dreamcast, N64, Gamecube, PSX, PS2, Game Gear, PSP, Wii, NDS..... So far... It's just hard to save the money for my addictions! I am hoping once our new house is completed and we are able to be moved into that I will be able to make an area where all my systems are hooked up to be more accessible. Right now, everything is in storage lol!
    Dude, I have a Game Gear that I dont use, if you want it, I'll send it to you

Sure man, but keep a hold on it right now until we get into the new house. I'd be happy to take old systems and games off people's hands. At one time I had like 7 N64's lying around... Once we get settled again, I want to redo my java online emulator site to play the games online. To be 100% legal, the games I put online I must actually have physically.

Right now the contractors have demolished our old house and cleaned up all the debris, leveled 3 trees, and are about to haul dirt in to fill everything in before the foundation can be built. So, hopefully within the next month we will be moving into the new house. It's a 1600 sqft modular home, so it will be craned in...

Moderator I Modded My PSP Flash 0's Avatar
    Man you all have some awesome old school systems, I wish I had grown up in that era because that was an awesome time for gaming.....man I'm a nerd lol.
    In an Ideal world I would have all ten fingers on my left hand and my right hand would just be used for punching.

I'll be the number two guy here on PSP MOD in six weeks, How? Name repition, personality mirroring and never breaking off a handshake. I'm always thinking one step ahead like a...carpenter that makes stairs.

I have been called many names in my life... Geek, nerd..... been called an asshat once or twice.... hehehe

L
    Asshat.....classic