Thread: Modded PSP that doesn't play games!

1. #1 Modded PSP that doesn't play games! 
    Hi guys, I'm new here. I've been following various posts on this site for a few years, but I never got down to registering. Anyways, here's my problem.
    I bought my PSP 3000 about 4 years ago, the guy at the shop got it modded for me when I bought it. It was fine for a really, really, long time and I updated it once from CFW 3.something to 5.50 GEN-D3. Recently my PC got a virus on it and I had to get it cleaned up, and in the process, I figured that my PSP was infected too. So I formatted it.
    Now, when I put a game in it, it simply doesn't show anything in the game folder. I mean, it's there on the memory stick, but for some reason, the PSP won't read it.
    Any help?

Moderator I Modded My PSP Flash 0's Avatar
    Your problem is probably that you have the ISO files in the wrong folder on the stick, they must go in the folder named "ISO" on the root of the stick and then it should show up as normal.
    Just in case you don't know what the root of the memory stick it is the first thing you open when looking at it from the computer, should look something like this.

PSP
    VIDEO
    ISO-------Where your ISO files go, also if this folder is not here just go ahead and create it. But as long as you formatted the stick from the psp itself it should be there.
    Seplugins

Sorry if its not clear as I have not messed with a psp in a while.
    In an Ideal world I would have all ten fingers on my left hand and my right hand would just be used for punching.

I'll be the number two guy here on PSP MOD in six weeks, How? Name repition, personality mirroring and never breaking off a handshake. I'm always thinking one step ahead like a...carpenter that makes stairs.

My PSP is showing the game after I put it in the ISO folder but it says "Game cannot be played error: 80020231"
    Last edited by shriek; 05-10-2013 at 04:42 PM.

Thanks a bunch! I got it to work out!

Moderator I Modded My PSP Flash 0's Avatar
    Glad you got it working!
    In an Ideal world I would have all ten fingers on my left hand and my right hand would just be used for punching.

I'll be the number two guy here on PSP MOD in six weeks, How? Name repition, personality mirroring and never breaking off a handshake. I'm always thinking one step ahead like a...carpenter that makes stairs.