Thread: It's been an insanely long time

1. #1 It's been an insanely long time 
    Okay, so, introductions.

Well, I just recently fixed my PSP because the screen had been spiderwebbed for about 4 years now. I purchased the PSP and then found the "mod community" on the GameFAQs forums before it got shut down. They got me started with learning how to get custom firmware and everything and I got pretty heavily involved with making custom backgrounds and icons.

I got up to 3.71 M33-4 before my PSP, regrettably, passed away. Up till then I used it liberally for viewing comics and watching anime through RSS feeds I had set up on top of my Monster Hunter addiction and some emulated arcade cabinet games. SFA 2 & 3 namely.

So I finally got it fixed, and am super excited to get back into it I just need to figure out where to start as far as updates and new stuff goes.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP MrHappy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinisthetic View Post
    Okay, so, introductions.

Well, I just recently fixed my PSP because the screen had been spiderwebbed for about 4 years now. I purchased the PSP and then found the "mod community" on the GameFAQs forums before it got shut down. They got me started with learning how to get custom firmware and everything and I got pretty heavily involved with making custom backgrounds and icons.

I got up to 3.71 M33-4 before my PSP, regrettably, passed away. Up till then I used it liberally for viewing comics and watching anime through RSS feeds I had set up on top of my Monster Hunter addiction and some emulated arcade cabinet games. SFA 2 & 3 namely.

So I finally got it fixed, and am super excited to get back into it I just need to figure out where to start as far as updates and new stuff goes.
    wow... 3.71... update your PSP to 6.60 using this method:

PSP® PC Update | System Updates | Support - PlayStation.com

Once your at 6.60 report back, you might get some error's when attempting to update...
    Last edited by MrHappy; 05-30-2013 at 09:12 AM.
    ♬ Don't Worry... Be Happy! ♬

I'm assuming that there have been some new tricks found since my involuntary leave of absence since that's the OFW?

I had to do the "Lumines trick" back when I originally went to CFW.

L
    Once your on 6.60, use this: 6.60ME-1.8 (OFW Version) - Downloads - PSPMOD.com - PSP / PS Vita Forums, this will install the latest CFW.

Its fast and easy now to install CFW

Awesome. Got everything up to date now I get to search around for some emulator replacements/fun homebrew.

Appreciate the help!