Thread: waas up hackers

1. #1 waas up hackers 
    Yep. I'm an older guy but have been a linux user for 10+ years. I write articles for the linux magazine of my distro. I am well respected for my intelligence and respect of others right to believe and run their own life. I still inline skate the quarter and half pipes, go on 100+ mile mountain bike runs, practice martial arts and enjoy modding electronics. Have 2 children grown up and out the house and 3 highschoolers still in the house. Happily married, good job but low pay and still loving and living life to the fullest. Looking forward to modding my Uhh, fat I'm pretty sure. If things go well I plan on purchasing a go. Post at cha soon.

L
    Either one, (Phat and PSP Go!) can be modded, just post back when you get your hands on them

Already have the fat. looked on utube and apparently need to make a pandora battery and majic memstick. looks easy enough. The videos were fairly old though and I would presume that there have been some innovative ideas come to fruition since then. I will await some instruction as to how to proceed although I would believe the newbies guide would be a good place to start. In my expierence the people who do not want to do their homework PO the other forum members. I completly understand as I am writing a 16 part article series on KdenLive the open source video editor and when members pm me with questions that were obviously coverd in previous articles it irritates me although I gently direct them to the appropriate article and magazine addition. On the other hand if any of you all knowing kenobes want to take a special interest in teaching an intelligent and mature person who is not afraid to stay up late studying feel free. I have a couple students that are well beyond the articles on video editing. Anyway I shall begin with the noob guide. My job leaves me at the computer 90% of the time so I will certainly respond in a timely fashion. I know this is going to be so enjoyable.

L
    No pandoras needed, just update to 6.60 first off

EDIT: Once your on 6.60, use this:http://www.pspmod.com/forums/downloa...w-version-272/, this will install the latest CFW (Custom Firmware)
    Last edited by El Guapo; 01-23-2014 at 10:42 PM.

The download wants to install a download managing program that is not compatible with linux. I have been using linux for 12 years now so have not used windows for ages. Is there another download option that is compatible with linux?

Rated: CERO Z PSP Elite Hacker
    This is fully compatible with linux. All you need to be able to do is move the files from the .zip onto a PSP. There is no "download managing program" necessary, I don't know where you're seeing that. I'm on linux myself, currently Ubuntu 13.10, and this all works fine for me.

If you are using ubuntu then go to the download page and download the CFW then you will understand what i am saying. It clearly says win xp, vista, 7, 8. Maybe I missed somthing but I doubt it. If the CFW download requires windows then I am without recourse. I shall attempt a different avenue toward my goal.

I did download the custom firmware. It is a zip file. Plug your PSP into your computer, download the zip, open it, move the files to the PSP, unplug the PSP and then install custom firmware using the PSP.

None of this requires Windows. I'm sitting here with my linux computer and 3 hacked PSPs in front of me right now.

Well I"ll give it another try but on the download page it wants me to install a download manager program before it will download the cfw. I am not sure how you got it to download the file when it requires you to click run then click run again to install the download manager, thats a windows .exe file I believe. I will keep on trying though because I am obviously missing something here. Probably something so obvious and simple it'll be one of those duuhh moments for me. I certainly want to thank you for peing patient with me. I'll try again now.

Edit: It appears that when going to the first page where the CFW is listed as a download with the download button at the right side, when you click download it automatically redirects you to a different page. The reason for this is that when I navigate to the download page the site automatically logs me out. Upon discovering this I logged in on the download page and the CFW downloaded without redirecting me to the other page. Strange but I imagine it is a security measure. Point is is that I now have the .zip file extracted and will attempt the mod.
    Last edited by loudog; 01-24-2014 at 04:18 PM.

Awesome! Yeah, I didn't mean to say that it was your fault necessarily. This site can be a bit wonky at times. I might recommend installing an ad blocking extension in your browser too, that might explain why you were seeing it and I was not.

Yep, things are going slow but sure. I'm used to the terminal and keyboard for modifying my linux system so the psp imput format Is taking a little getting used to but it's aufully fun even with the small issues I have encountered. I will close this thread and start one in the firmware section as I believe I am done introducing myself. Having a little problem updating to the 660 PFW so I can install the CFW so I will post there. Thank you all for the help so far.