Thread: Used PSP Go - no speaker/headphone volume. Possibly "stuck" in headphones mode

1. #1 Used PSP Go - no speaker/headphone volume. Possibly "stuck" in headphones mode 
    Member PSP User
    Hi folks,

Well I finally picked up my white whale - a white PSP Go. It runs great, but unfortunately there is no sound coming out of the speaker or headphone jack. I can connect it to a Bluetooth speaker for sound, but for obvious reasons this isn't really practical.

The previous owner claims this was not an issue, so I'm really at a loss here.

I tried using a Q-tip to clean out the headphone jack, as it seemed to get "stuck" in headphone mode. I enabled AVLS (I believe it's called) so that the volume won't go higher than 75% maximum when headphones are plugged in, and get this - when I unplug headphones, it still has that AVLS volume limit. I concluded this was because something is shorting out and telling the system that headphones are plugged in.
    https://fetlife.vip/ inro.in/mobdro/ https://inro.in/tutuapp

Very strange.

Has anyone had this happen with them before? Any idea if this is something that can be fixed with a simple repair or is soldering and the like what is needed here?
    Last edited by mickeyholland; 12-15-2018 at 06:36 PM.