Thread: Hello

1. #1 Hello 
    Hi. I'm Jinsai. I just bought a used PSP. I don't think it's working properly, because when I put in the UMD, nothing happens. Absolutely nothing. When I press my ear against it, it sounds as though the disc is spinning. This sucks. Everything else seems to be working fine, and everything else in my life is going great, except for this. Not fun. I was really looking forward to downloading emulators here, and other such great stuff that would enrich my life, which is going great. They don't have any used PSP's at the EB Games that I bought this broken POS at. I am upset.

How easily do these things break? Is it possible that some brat dropped his once, causing it to not be able to play UMD's anymore?

I'm upset and lost in a world of unhappiness. Perhaps I'm just missing something? When I stick one of these discs in my PSP, something should happen right?

Perhaps it was a very bad idea to buy a used PSP. Sadness. Has anyone else's PSP suddenly stopped reading UMDs?

jsh
    Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker jsh's Avatar
    welcome to the forums, cant say i have any information regarding your problem though.. sorry

Senior Member I Modded My PSP TriPod's Avatar
    oh snap that sounds serious, you should totaly bash the person who sold u the psp, if its from a legit store, they usally have a guarentee that their used hardware still works example: EBgames

personally no i havent had this problem b4, and neither has my friend, and hes droped his a couple of times AHAHA i always laugh when he does
    -"you can always make more money - but you can never make more time"

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker matrixsucks's Avatar
    ya, i'd beat the guy to a pulp if i were you.
    Today has been the most beautiful day I've ever seen.

5. #5 yay 
    ok... so all is good now.... I went down to EB games and they gave me a replacement used model... the screen's a little scratched, but at least the thing works. Ready to get rocking. Hello everyone.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP TriPod's Avatar
    hmm a scratch eh? oh well as long as its 1.5 and works!

hmm how much cheaper are used psps anyways?
    -"you can always make more money - but you can never make more time"

Used PSP = 50 dollars cheaper... then I traded in my Gameboy Advance + 5 games so they took off another 50... so altogether 100 bucks off. What do you mean by 1.5? Is that the OS that I downloaded?

EDIT: AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGG! My PSP came with OS 1.51....
    This sucks! Though I'm not exactly sure why, because I'm so new to this that all the explanations I've found on here just kind of confuse me, as do the offered solutions. I know I'm a noob here, but if someone could throw me a bone and clue me in I'd be very happy.

thank you for the welcome. This is really lame though, because the whole reason I bought the PSP was for the emulators. Now its practically useless. I really hope they manage to crack 1.51 or 1.52 or 2. This is ridiculous! The guy at the store sold me the PSP on the fact that you can play emulated games on it. Damn. I'm depressed now... and broke.

jsh
    Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker jsh's Avatar
    ouch.. the classical "of course you can" argument from the greedy shop-keepers (>_<)

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker IONz's Avatar
    Sorry to hear about your PSP Jinsai......I know I'd be ticked off if I couldn't play emulators on my PSP. If I were you I'd try checking back with them and try to see if you can get a v1.50.....I work at Gamestop so I know I'd switch it out with a v1.50 for someone but I don't know how the guys at the ebgames that you shop at are.

Anywho.....Welcome to the Forums

"Think for yourself, question authority" - Timothy Leary

11. #11 Sadness 
    Quote Originally Posted by IONz
    Sorry to hear about your PSP Jinsai......I know I'd be ticked off if I couldn't play emulators on my PSP. If I were you I'd try checking back with them and try to see if you can get a v1.50.....I work at Gamestop so I know I'd switch it out with a v1.50 for someone but I don't know how the guys at the ebgames that you shop at are.

Anywho.....Welcome to the Forums
    Well... I just don't want to deal with it anymore.... I had a really bad experience there with this crap, and every time I went in there I had to hang out there for more than an hour. I just gotta trust that they're going to eventually hack the newer versions of the Operating System.

12. #12 Formula 1 
    kingb51
    Hi to all,

As a very keen F1 enthusiast myself, I was interested to know if anyone else here enjoys F1?

Personally, I think this season has a lot of potential to be a very close and exciting championship.

PS. If anyone would like very well priced tickets to the Monza Grand Prix, then PM me!