Thread: I really could do with some help with Linux on the PS3

1. #1 I really could do with some help with Linux on the PS3 
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    OKay ive got the prgram on the CD and today i bought a Keyboard and Mouse for it when installing Linux it worked at 1st

when it said Keyboot i typed "installtext" and eventually it came up with a blue screen asking for the keyboard details

Heres the problem i slected the English Language,but then it asks

"which model keyboard is attached to this computer"
    I sleceted UK becuase im in the UK and then it came up with error i reloaded it to the same point and went on US and it happened again!

So im not sure what to do here

The Keyboard and Mouse work fine on the PS3 XMB menu,and i could even type in that keyboot "installtext"

Is there a special keyboad you have to get for Linux? on the box of the Keyboard it doesnt say linux on the box al it says is different Windows OS,IIs that the problem?

I hope ive explained the situation clear enough.

Help would be appreciated becuase i dont want this keyboard if it doesnt work.

Well I run Linux on my laptop w/o problem so no you don't need a special keyboard. I've never installed Ubuntu on a computer that I set up using the UK keybord. The only thing I would sujest reinstalling Ubuntu all together. I have run into problems that when I was just learning how to use the OS that I had no idea what I was doing so I did a clean install by wiping the HDD. The other thing you could try is post over at the Ubuntu forums they have helped me quite a bit in the past with Linux issues.

http://cardfighterproject.com
    Interested in a game of Card Fighter Clash?
    Print + Cut = Play

Member PSP User
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    Well I run Linux on my laptop w/o problem so no you don't need a special keyboard. I've never installed Ubuntu on a computer that I set up using the UK keybord. The only thing I would sujest reinstalling Ubuntu all together. I have run into problems that when I was just learning how to use the OS that I had no idea what I was doing so I did a clean install by wiping the HDD. The other thing you could try is post over at the Ubuntu forums they have helped me quite a bit in the past with Linux issues.
    First- <Snipped>

Second, I need more information - what distribution of linux were you trying to install? Yellowdog? Gentoo? It really makes a difference.

And lastly, your keyboard must work - assuming you were using the keyboard to choose the menu options, it means the installer disk was able to install the right driver to get your keyboard working.

GL
    Last edited by Pirate-M.Lifnen; 12-17-2007 at 08:15 PM.
    lol u tk him 2da bar|?

Super Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Pirate-M.Lifnen's Avatar
    Stop bumping old threads, and be friendlier to members around here. It's great that don't use Ubuntu, but that's the problem with Non-Ubuntu users.
    They've got this "Holier than thou" attitude to everyone else using Linux.
    You are being that person, and you're driving people away from wanting to learn Linux, and wanting to try to help. If they say something, in an attempt to help, and you come by "linux-ier than thou", then they aren't going to want to try to help the next time.

So in short, don't be an ass, and don't discourage people from using their computers how they want.
    Rules, rules, rules. WinRAR
    The most important thread you'll ever read..

"The mods look like the gestapo; 'do as we say, not as we do.'"