Thread: !!attention Mac Owners!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 !!attention Mac Owners!! 
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker urineanus's Avatar
    I don't think there are many Mac owners on the site, however this is pretty pertinent info

Our safe and secure Mac world has been breached, kinda. There is a hole in the safari browser that can potentially be used to run malicious code. Apple has released software updates for Safari in the past week to fix this. I hope you are running the auto-updates, or at least updated on your own recently. Usually we can romp about the net with no worries, and go to all sorts of sites that are detrimental to a PC's health.

read here

http://computerworld.com/action/arti...&intsrc=kc_top

Update and you will be safe, big Steve has got out back. 1 potential threat is a hell of a lot better than 114,000 of them.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker outsider's Avatar
    hmm, i dont see why any1 would want to do anything to a mac, like cmon, what an u possibly run on os x thats useful? :P jk jk

Performed my security update so I am not worried. My fear is that some douche bag loser who is 30 something and writes malicious code, has turned a PC into a hackintosh and is developing bad stuff for us. I doubt some die hard PC user will go get a Mac to do this, but with the increasing capabilities of hackintosh it is easily accessible for them to have a "mac" platform to work with. However, like I said before I have faith in big steve protecting us loyalists.

that and OS X is not 100% compatible with a hackintosh, and a lot of software is not compatible either so as of this moment I think we are as safe as ever. The hackintosh scene is making head way though.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP cmcd14's Avatar
    i was gonna get a mac. then found out that macbooks crash like it's their job. 3 people i have talked to, one a really good friend, said not to get one cause they crash a ton. and these are all under 6 mnths old macs.
    2.6>2.71>1.5>3.03 OE-C>3.52 M33>3.52 M33-4>3.9 M33>3.9 M33-3
    FIFA 07
    4 GB Mem Stick

your friends are liars and Microsoft loyalists.

Okay enough with jokes, I have heard that a certain batch of macbooks from last year has logicboard problems and are prone to crashes. However, Apple will replace you macbook no questions asked for free. They will even swap out the hard drives so you dont lose data or have to reinstall all your apps. So that solves that problem.

Once I was going to buy a car, but somebody told me cars can break down.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Corpsey's Avatar
    I don't use Safari on my Mac, but I updated anyways.

I like safari, but I use firefox just as much. Sometimes I use them both at the same time.

how are they microsoft loyalists? they bought macbooks and they crashed alot. you wouldnt buy a ford explorer if you heard they just stalled out for no reason a lot.
    FIFA 07
    4 GB Mem Stick

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    now if this same problem was in IE you'd be saying ooh microsoft sucks!! Macs are expensive shit.

your reading comprehension skills could be worked on. right after I made that sarcastic comment I stated it was a joke. I also stated Apple is aware of this and will give you a new macbook, and the problem has been fixed. The flaw was in a limited number of units produced, they are not producing flawed units anymore, there was a very small number of units affected. Shit happens in consumer electronics production. Look at the 360 launch flaws, and look at the 360 now.

@ chinese people
    if mac is shit how come the macbook is the best reviewed laptop over and over? They are more expensive because you get what you pay for. You had nothing to contribute to this thread and you don't own a mac so how exactly is your input pertinent information?

I am trying to inform mac owners of a potential security threat, not get into an argument with a bunch of kids about mac vs pc

you contributed nothing to my Vista Help thread, so why cant I do it to youres?

Quote Originally Posted by urineanus
    Oh I thought vista was supposed to be the cats meow. "ultimate OS" my ass.
    sorry I will stop kicking microsoft users when they are down. I just can't pass up a shouldn't have went with windows oppourtunity.
    i dont think youre input was needed.

i dunno, a $2,000 laptop pc is a $4,000 macbook, i dont know if it's really worth twice as much.
    FIFA 07
    4 GB Mem Stick

I forgot about me ragging on vista in your thread, but f*ck it vista actually does suck.

I never said go buy a mac, I don't think that is the topic of the thread. If you don't want one, then great stick to using a PC like 98361208312223423 other poeple.

If you have a mac, run the secuirty updates for safari. pretty simple stuff here.

I never said go buy a mac, I
    i never said go buy Vista, i just needed help..vista is new, how old is Safari and it still has problems.

and just as many people have macs.

macs make up than less than 20% of the market.

safari does not have problems, an exploit was found in it to run malicous code. If that constitutes as a problem then windows has 114,000 problems. Yes there are that many potential security threats to your windows based machine. Safari has ONE, which has been patched and taken care of. Isn't it great how OS X does not have service packs you have to install because of it being flawed out of the box? I certainly think so. So just drop it, and go dry hump your PC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast