Thread: OS X on XBOX 360

1. #1 OS X on XBOX 360 
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker urineanus's Avatar
    ya check out this asshole's video on youtube. You can clearly see a PC BIOS screen before it loads OS X (x86). So this douche set his 360 next to his monitor and loaded up OS X from his hackintosh big f*cking deal. People that pull these kinds of stunts are counter productive to the hack scene. Look at the ring of light and check out it's status, not a damn thing happening. Trust me I would love to see an Apple OS booting on microsoft hardware more than anyone but this is just shenanigans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8X8N3LztU4

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    wow, who was he trying to trick. its sooo fake
    Firmware History

1.52 => 2.71 => 1.5 => 3.03 OE-C => 1.5 => 3.03 OE-C=> 3.40 OE-A

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A PSP IS??

Nik
    Senior Member I Modded My PSP Nik's Avatar
    got a better chance of getting a linux or unix port to run on a xbox360...
    PSP 3.03->1.50 1.50->3.40OE
    PS3 Owner With a 200GB Hard Drive and Running Yellow Dog Linux on it.
    And a XBOX 360 Elite
    (>')> <('-')><('<)
    Dance Kirby Dance!

http://www.myspace.com/niktc

Linux could defintely run on the 360. I think it is really cool that SONY included the option to boot from another OS on the PS3, therefore enabling linux distros. That makes it a pretty good product for the money. PS3 gaming (even though there is a major lack of games right now), blu-ray player (whena stand-alond blu-ray player is more expensive), and one bad ass linu box with a cell processor. Wish I had one.

Linux can run almost anything so therfore it is quite possible to run it on a 360.

Nik
    yeah, i am saving to get a PS3. But i thought that and i could be wrong that the OS for the PS3 is allready a type of Linux .... again i might be wrong. And even so i pretty much hate microsoft for any product they put out outside of windows. Though the zune is alot of fun. Though i will never again waist my money on a Apple product that i can get away with not using. I do want to check out the iPhone. Okay now that i noticed im off topic.

With the Unix base of OS X it should be posible to mod the GUI to make it Look like OS X but i dont see how if ever due to the constraints that Apple puts on their software it could ever run on something it wasnt intended too. But again ive Seen GUI mockups of OS X thats really windows XP.
    And a XBOX 360 Elite
    (>')> <('-')><('<)
    Dance Kirby Dance!

Senior Member I Modded My PSP baseball_dude's Avatar
    i have ps3 i have seven games and yes there are like no games and i dont have linux on it and the online gaming sucks on the ps3 atm.
    My account

Runescape Goals

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Adz786's Avatar
    I've got a PS3. 8 games here. The graphics just make a game worth playing even if they're shit, or don't really interest you. I don't currently have a HD Tv though :x. Really loving the Motorstorm, waiting to hook it up to the internet so i can download Gran Turismo, and Tekken.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik

With the Unix base of OS X it should be posible to mod the GUI to make it Look like OS X but i dont see how if ever due to the constraints that Apple puts on their software it could ever run on something it wasnt intended too. But again ive Seen GUI mockups of OS X thats really windows XP.
    that monitor is hooked up to a pc running OS X. Not a windows gui skin of OS X. You can make Apple software run in hardwae that is not Apple, although it is against the software agreements of that software so therefore illegal. This is known as hackintosh and thats what this chump is doing.

Nik
    ahh gotcha, why not just buy a mac if your going to do that?
    And a XBOX 360 Elite
    (>')> <('-')><('<)
    Dance Kirby Dance!

well I can get down with the hackitosh. It provides OS X on a machine someone already has vs spending the money on a Mac. I mean I agree Macs are pricy but you do get what you pay for in my opinion. the same is true with those $399 budget PC packs. Some people just like OS X and would like to run it with the hardware they have.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker
    lol, wow, actually, the 360 doesn't even use the x86 architecture, it uses.....drum roll please.....powerpc! they already have various flavors of linux running through the hypervisor exploit on old, non-updated consoles (ms blew an efuse with the last couple updates to make it impossible for an updated console with the current firmware to run a previous firmware). Technically, it wouldn't even need a port to run OS X, just some hacking of the bootstrap should do the trick, then you'd have a triple core 3.2ghz mac that can also play kick ass games *drools*